Looking ahead to UConn football in 2019: Improved D, lighter schedule, QB competition (Putterman) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Looking ahead to UConn football in 2019: Improved D, lighter schedule, QB competition (Putterman)

Reaction Score
I felt it was rather hard hitting and not terrible as far as college writers go. He’s applying pressure on a program that deserves it. At least he seems to have some degree of understanding of the game. I don’t think he should have been so specific in regard to the players as a fellow student of theirs, but that’s about it. He was fairly easy on the players in that he has hopes for their potential. He really trashed Edsall and Crocker, but they are fair game.

I’m far more bothered when some hippie writes a negative piece about the football team and has no idea what he is talking about at all.

Reaction Score
This writer got it right. HCRE2.0 learned from his HCREDreamJob1.0 gig and has set the "success" point pertpetually 3 years out. Now is 2021. Also very legit questions as to how good the current roster of DB's can be, especially with Crocker as their tutor.

HCRE2.0 knows he has to frame the dialogue so that the real question doesn't get asked "what the duckk are you doing". AD Dave is hoping Hurley success gets him out of here before he has to answer for his boy HCRE2.0's performance.

Tell me after the Dec 21st early signing period how UConn has bolstered its 2021 team with the new crew of 2021 red shirt sophomores. Remember in 2019 they should be red shirted, in 2020 they will still be young, weak and slow but get some reps so that in 2021 they can be a part of the 2 deep which is mostly made up of seniors and red shirt juniors from this years record setting team. I just reread the previous sentence, wow, I'm counting on this year's players (freshman and red shirt freshman) to form the backbone of the 2021 team - just wow!

I can see why AD Dave needs to put up with this and hope HCRE2.0 gives him a reason over the next couple of years to can him that doesn't blow back on him, assuming AD Dave is still here. Why would any UConn fan.

A 3 win team in 2019 will be portrayed as "proof" that UConn is on the way back. Even with the 130th scoring defense and 113th scoring offense UConn won a game, were within one score on 2 loses and within 12 points on another; and it took bad game coaching by HCRE2.0 to keep the team to only one win. Set the bar low enough and even HCRE2.0 can stumble over it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hope this kid doesn't have any photos of himself on the interwebs. Very bad form for a campus paper.
Since when is telling truth to power bad form?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
So we'll be improved next year. Even a significant improvement would mean losing 42-17 instead of 66-10.

Reaction Score
Two wins next year and there is a change. Three wins and it is still a possibility of chage depending on what the new president wants. Four wins and the current regime is safe for another year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom