Looking ahead to Tulsa on Thursday | The Boneyard

Looking ahead to Tulsa on Thursday

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
At this point, I couldn't care less that our record is 11-10 and that we've had a number of games slip away; we are where we are. That said, as a fan I feel hungry for this game. Tulsa has always been one of those teams that's been tough to beat, and considering they beat us at our place a couple of weeks ago, we should be prepared and locked in on Thursday with the focus on getting the win. I'm not settling for 0-2 against anyone this year.

The Huskies have already abundantly proven they can compete, but this is the next step of the process they need to learn. I don't expect it to be easy, but I expect to win.

Last edited:

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Well hopefully Joiner’s dad is not at the game because apparently he is a good luck charm.

Reaction Score
It’ll be another game that we can win and will likely blow it in the end. Tulsa -6 or 7 is my guess. Winnable but we never win there. Weird crowd, weird program, just like the rest of this conference

Reaction Score
They killed us from the foul line. They made 24 we shot 15.

Reaction Score
Tulsa is a 4 pt KenPom favorite. Should be a tight one as usual. I still can't believe Tulsa is in 1st. I don't think it lasts, but they are projected to finish in a 3-way tie for first at 13-5 with Cincy and Houston.

Reaction Score
Elijah Joiner drilled a double-clutch, falling-down, game-winning three-pointer as time expired to lift Tulsa to a 54-51 win over No. 23 Wichita State and send Tulsa fans spilling onto the court at Reynolds Center in celebration.

The place could be rocking tomorrow night. In an email to TU season ticket holders (friend of mine):
This Thursday night will be the last time UCONN plays in the Reynolds Center as a member of the American Athletic Conference!
In proper farewell fashion, we're blacking out the arena, so be sure to wear your black TU Gear!​

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Elijah Joiner drilled a double-clutch, falling-down, game-winning three-pointer as time expired to lift Tulsa to a 54-51 win over No. 23 Wichita State and send Tulsa fans spilling onto the court at Reynolds Center in celebration.

The place could be rocking tomorrow night. In an email to TU season ticket holders (friend of mine):

Great news...

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
At this point, I couldn't care less that our record is 11-10 and that we've had a number of games slip away; we are where we are. That said, as a fan I feel hungry for this game. Tulsa has always been one of those teams that's been tough to beat, and considering they beat us at our place a couple of weeks ago, we should be prepared and locked in on Thursday with the focus on getting the win. I'm not settling for 0-2 against anyone this year.

The Huskies have already abundantly proven they can compete, but this is the next step of the process they need to learn. I don't expect it to be easy, but I expect to win.
It was a little easier than I thought. We took some punches and responded when we needed to. A very nice and encouraging win. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom