Looking ahead to the 2021 season | The Boneyard

Looking ahead to the 2021 season

Reaction Score
I was thinking about 2021, since 2020 is pretty much gone. I'm wondering about how a team that chose to sit out in 2020 that will be playing a team in 2021 that did not sit out. red shirts in our program from 2019, have now sat out 2 full years, and have never seen a snap. All players have now had a year without any real games, and some that played a minimum role in 2019, will be expected to play a much bigger role in 2021. I don't care how much practice there is, or weight training and conditioning, there is nothing like games to get better. It looks like better than half the 2021 schedule is against teams that are playing in 2020 (so far). This to me will be a huge disadvantage for a team that sat out vs a team that didn't. I think we will see those impacts in the first half of the season at least, if not all season long. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Sometimes a year off helps rather than hinders from a physical and psychological standpoint. Longer time to heal, more physical and physchogical development time in a transitional period to young adults, etc.. it’s like a free red shirt.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
We needed to right the wrong of playing guys that should have red-shirted. This allows maturity of body and mind- we were smaller and younger than our opponents - on top of being less talented! I bet individual technique will improve immensely. Game speed might catch us in the first game back- if at all.

Reaction Score
There is nothing like (playing) games to get better. This will be a huge disadvantage for a team that sat out vs a team that didn't.
Games aren’t as important as the players who play in them. Our last few years saw us playing lots of games. Our personnel wasn’t up to the struggle. Our 2021 team will be bigger, stronger faster— and I dare say will be ready to compete.

Reaction Score
The last few seasons I watched a varsity team play against a team comprised of a few varsity players and a host of JV/freshman. It felt like a waste of the few productive varsity players we had on the roster. In 2020, we field a few more varsity guys, but overall remain young. I am excited to see what Edsall 2.0 can do with a full varsity squad in 2021 that includes the seasoned & productive veterans from the last few years.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom