Looking Ahead Just A Little | The Boneyard

Looking Ahead Just A Little

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
We could use this scenario this off season:
.....I quotes Geno's confident declaration that Europe, grad transfer or ?? (I forget) was going to address some issues for the Huskies. I was startled at how emphatic he was and now I'm curious as Hades and really hoping that was not idle boast.
I don't think I would've characterized him as "confident" or "emphatic" on the subject of Europe, grad transfers. Hopeful maybe, but we all hear what we want.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't think I would've characterized him as "confident" or "emphatic" on the subject of Europe, grad transfers. Hopeful maybe, but we all hear what we want.

You could be right! :eek: We remember what we thought we read. And it's a typical muddling of thoughts by a writer - about 2020 recruiting and the more immediate cycle.

In Auriemma’s view, recruiting has become “too corporate; too many people involved in the process.” But he also remains convinced that he will stock UConn’s roster next season with top-shelf talent, perhaps including graduate transfers and international players.
“I’m not worried about that,” he said."

Is UConn’s Dominance of Women’s Basketball Over? Cue Eye Rolls, for Now

Reaction Score
You could be right! :eek: We remember what we thought we read. And it's a typical muddling of thoughts by a writer - about 2020 recruiting and the more immediate cycle.

In Auriemma’s view, recruiting has become “too corporate; too many people involved in the process.” But he also remains convinced that he will stock UConn’s roster next season with top-shelf talent, perhaps including graduate transfers and international players.
“I’m not worried about that,” he said."

Is UConn’s Dominance of Women’s Basketball Over? Cue Eye Rolls, for Now
I think too many of us - myself included - just don't understand how recruiting works. We tend to think it is just coaches going out watching these players and making offers. In fact these ranking "services" that are for profit and have affiliations with AAU organizations promote the "recruits". And recruits get higher rankings if they are associated with the affiliated AAU organization. Thus one recruit might be ranked #10 on one service and #45 on another service. Which I suspect is why you don't see many if any foreign "recruits" on the service.

Additionally wrt the NCAA the "recruit" must go through a process to register for an athletic scholarship. I think I heard the term "clearinghouse" which certifies the athlete as academically eligible. I believe but am not sure that the athlete also indicates in which colleges they are interested and that information is passed on to the college who may be required to take some action.

If anybody could clarify, expand or correct that would be appreciated.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
If I want to parse the article, after the point Dawn talks about talking to everyone, Geno remarks the “corporate” thing, then THE WRITER injects comments about Top half talent, grad transfers or international players. Geno only comments that’s “he’s not worried”. I guess then, we’ve been doing our job of being worried! :oops:

Reaction Score
We could use this scenario this off season:

Mompremier is headed to the ACC

Beatrice Mompremier leads No. 25 Miami Hurricanes women to win over Pitt

A week or so ago I quotes Geno's confident declaration that Europe, grad transfer or ?? (I forget) was going to address some issues for the Huskies. I was startled at how emphatic he was and now I'm curious as Hades and really hoping that was not idle boast.
I don't drink (usually) Geno's Vino. But, if he says it except in those rare boast of winning the NC again next year he has followed through. I expect to see one or two Europeans or Aussies wearing the Uconn Blue white trimmed in red. (I hope Sveta's sister has one of them)

Reaction Score
If I want to parse the article, after the point Dawn talks about talking to everyone, Geno remarks the “corporate” thing, then THE WRITER injects comments about Top half talent, grad transfers or international players. Geno only comments that’s “he’s not worried”. I guess then, we’ve been doing our job of being worried! :oops:

if we had his career and got paid what he gets paid, we probably wouldn't worry too much either...........:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Not sure you can get any Aussies who will impact next season.

For those interested the Australian U20 championships will be held this week (from February 12-17).
  • 15 of the 23 who signed early NLI have been selected.
  • 7 of the 11 who represented Australia at recent (Nov 2018) U18 Asian Championships have been selected.
Australian U20 Womens Rosters.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Australian U20 Champs has ended. Below are the stats (sorted by Impact).

Australian U20 Womens Rosters Final Stats v3 Impact Top 40.png

Commit Updates (shown in orange):
Isabel Palmer verbally commits to Texas (related post)
Suzi-Rose ('Rosie') Deegan verbally commits to Davidson (related post)

Edited: I have added the 'Usage' rate and then created an 'Impact' value (i.e. Impact = Efficient x Usage / 300. The 300 is calculated as standard Efficiency (15) x standard Usage (20)).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't drink (usually) Geno's Vino. But, if he says it except in those rare boast of winning the NC again next year he has followed through. I expect to see one or two Europeans or Aussies wearing the Uconn Blue white trimmed in red. (I hope Sveta's sister has one of them)

:D Unless Geno plans on turning the UConn program into ballroom dancers, I do not anticipate Svet's sister, Tatiana to be in any UConn unis anytime soon. :rolleyes:

1550488387961.png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Don't forget the bow! Yo left out the bow! ;):D

Reaction Score
Don't forget the bow! Yo left out the bow! ;):D
If I didn't have your thread s to read. I'd be glum all day. Thanks, Rocky, you keep this entertaining and enjoyable--Sorry, for not always being on your level of joy.
You were right on my Molly tactics, I meant no harm and spoke the truth as I believe it--reality perception--I need a shake up every once in a while.. I'm an A plus personality that carries the bone to the limit. One more notch in my casket--I do believe in Coombs.

Reaction Score
:D Unless Geno plans on turning the UConn program into ballroom dancers, I do not anticipate Svet's sister, Tatiana to be in any UConn unis anytime soon. :rolleyes:

View attachment 39790
Thanks and thanks for the Aussie info. My post was very very wishful thinking. Geno in the past had a way of delivering when the chips were down--so until the rotund lady sings a dirge I'll have hopes/expectations he'll deliver
If he doesn't, then I'll pick up Geno's wine and begin whining again and again and again and again. We need a big and a small and an inbetween--that can hit the floor running and playing and defending and reboundiing--not much to ask for is it???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom