Looked like something was wrong with Bazz | The Boneyard

Looked like something was wrong with Bazz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's usually smiling, joking with others during the course of the game. Last night he looked indifferent...almost upset right from the start. Also, he was also far more winded than i've seen from him. He was breathing heavily when the camera focused his way. I don't remember seeing that from his either.

He had a poor game (by his standards....by most, he was great), and my guess is either he had a bad day, or was feeling under the weather.

Just my guess. He could be himself again tonight, or maybe not for a week. We'll see.

Reaction Score
I think he looked a bit like sophomore year Shabazz last night - the guy who makes one headscratching play for every 1-2 great plays. He took too many contested, long 2's last night. I'm nitpicking because he's been so good for the last year and a half, but one of his favorite moves is to pull-up from about 6 inches inside the 3-point line, which really isn't a very smart shot.

Reaction Score
He's usually smiling, joking with others during the course of the game. Last night he looked indifferent...almost upset right from the start. Also, he was also far more winded than i've seen from him. He was breathing heavily when the camera focused his way. I don't remember seeing that from his either.

He had a poor game (by his standards....by most, he was great), and my guess is either he had a bad day, or was feeling under the weather.

Just my guess. He could be himself again tonight, or maybe not for a week. We'll see.
He just had a bad shooting night but at least we got a win. He played almost the whole game so he may have been a little tired at the end. Opposing teams believe that if you can take Bazz off his game they have a good chance to win. In facing UConn, opponents likely will want to make our front court beat them. I expect Bazz to get pressured more on the perimeter tonight and for him to have a much better shooting game.

Reaction Score
He just had a bad shooting night but at least we got a win. He played almost the whole game so he may have been a little tired at the end. Opposing teams believe that if you can take Bazz off his game they have a good chance to win. In facing UConn, opponents likely will want to make our front court beat them. I expect Bazz to get pressured more on the perimeter tonight and for him to have a much better shooting game.
It seemed to me that Shabazz was trying to do too much by himself. He is a great player but he did not seem to be involving the rest of the team. Two assists seems to be very low for him. Was it because his teammates were not able to get open and he was taking what they were giving or was it a mental lapse on his part. I don't really know. However, I thought that BC played a terrific game. They passed the ball extremely well and were lights out from the free throw line (24/25).

Reaction Score
I totally agree. There were too many times last night in the late 2nd half that it was the guards creating on their own, as they have in past years, at the expense of the offense. That and quick missed jumpers helped BC stick around. Well, and the zebras...

Reaction Score
It looked like he was jawing with Hanlan and a couple other guys, maybe he had a little extra motivation to dominate? He must know some of their guys I'm guessing. In any event, he definitely was looking for his own shot much earlier and often than he had been. He also was looking to go 1-on-1 much more often than usual.

All of this I have absolutely no problem with. I only wish he had looked to pass on some of his more contested shots.

Reaction Score
He took a lot of shots last night. While its great that he chipped in 20 pts he also only had 2 assists I believe. He's at his best when he's helping out the team in multiple categories.

Reaction Score
He started doing that thing where he kicks his legs out on jumpers again last night. His form looked much better in previous games. I expect him to settle back in tomorrow

Reaction Score
Something was off, definitely. Maybe it's the boston thing, maybe something else.

I expect the usual Bazz tonight...unless he has a physical issue, which i don't this he has.

Reaction Score
smh Seems like we have this thread about Bazz anytime he isn't perfect. I thought he had a decent game but expect even better tonite

Reaction Score
I'm sorry this thread is nuts. Kid had 20, 4, and 2 on a huge stage with national audience. The defense played by BC was designed to limit his playmaking and make him a scorer.

He won us that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr