Look who’s moving up! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Look who’s moving up!

Reaction Score
Rankings mean nothing to me until we actually play games. We’ve honestly played 3 meaningful games (if you want to include DePaul). I really can’t consider UHart and CCSU helping us in terms of a resume or rankings. I hope for a smooth January.

Reaction Score
The rankings are all based on the preseason polls... it’s a complete joke.

Serious question - besides being ranked in the preseason poll for their name, what has Duke done to deserve a spot over us?

I’ve said it on here many times before, but there shouldn’t be polls until Jan 1 of each year. The preseason rankings completely skew everything.

Reaction Score
I don’t get why cbs, Jeff Goodman on his top 25, espn, and AP coaches poll don’t have Seton Hall in the rankings. They’re 5-1 in big east with good road wins at Marquette and Xavier, and they haven’t even received votes. Reason I mention this is, if they’re not getting any attention, what’s it going to take for us to get some attention? We have road games at Marquette, DePaul, and Butler coming up, so even if we sweep, do we sniff the top 25 on ESPN and AP coaches poll? Just doesn’t make sense to me. I hope I’m wrong though.
Because they have a 8-4 record. With "good losses" to Oregon and Louisville, an O.K. loss to Providence, and a bad loss to URI. Wins over Iona (5-3), Penn State (3-4), Wagner (1-4), St.John's (6-4), Marquette (6-5), Georgetown (3-6), Xavier (8-2), and Butler (2-5).

So they have 4 losses out of 12 games and only 1 good win, over Xavier. Don't see how that's a top 25 resume. FWIW UConn's resume isn't great but only 1 loss, a "good" loss in OT to a top 10-15 team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With good losses to Oregon and Louisville and also to Providence and URI.
URI is a bad loss. If Hall had won that game theyd be getting votes by now. for the sake of the BE we should be hoping Hall finishes no higher than 4th or 5th behind nova, creighton, uconn, and hopefully at least one of pc/xavier/marquette. none of those teams have as bad of an OOC lose as URI

Last edited:
Reaction Score
URI is a bad loss. If Hall had won that game theyd be getting votes by now. for the sake of the BE we should be hoping Hall finishes no higher than 4th or 5th behind nova, creighton, uconn, and hopefully one of pc/xavier/marquette. none of those teams have as bad of an OOC lose as URI
Yeah I should edit my post to be more clear. PC loss is O.K. but not URI.

Reaction Score
We have a gift in the schedule of our next few games. Take care of business and beat Marquette tomorrow and I like our chances to go 3-0 before facing Nova on 1/15. We SHOULD be 7-1 and ranked in the polls by our showdown with the top team in the BE. A ranked match up with UConn/Nova would be awesome for the conference.

Reaction Score
I don’t get why cbs, Jeff Goodman on his top 25, espn, and AP coaches poll don’t have Seton Hall in the rankings. They’re 5-1 in big east with good road wins at Marquette and Xavier, and they haven’t even received votes.
Hall has its biggest stretch coming up. 8 of their next 10 are: nova 2x, creighton 2x, UConn, PC, marquette, and xavier. as tough as the BE gets. i put the over/under at 3.5 wins from those 8. swept by Nova, L to UConn, and hopefuly swept by Creighton so our L looks better. that would put them at 3-5 at best.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We SHOULD be 7-1 and ranked in the polls by our showdown with the top team in the BE. A ranked match up with UConn/Nova would be awesome for the conference.
I love the energy but we’re 1.5 point dogs rn, we have for the last 3 years been atrocious on the road especially to open conference play(and don’t say it’s different with no fans, we played in the American). Not trying to be a Debby downer but like Hurley said, there are no free wins in the Big East. Butler might get Aaron Thompson back for our matchup with them so that makes things a little more difficult. I’ll give em the DePaul win, but even that, polls would’ve been made the day of the DePaul game so we would be 6-1 and likely just on the outside or merely in the rankings. While I think we past the eye test of a top25 team, winning those 2 conference road games would seem to warrant top 25 status but with only 4 votes today, we’ll see.

Reaction Score
Holding steady at 26.

The win means UConn is now 5-1 overall and 2-1 in the Big East heading into Saturday's game at Butler. It also suggests one of the biggest brands in the sport, a program that's won three of the past 16 NCAA Tournaments, is good enough in Hurley's third season to return to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2016. This has been the Huskies' longest NCAA Tournament drought since the 1980s.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lunardi has us as a 10 seed,
1610303071976.png

That's fine... for now.

Reaction Score
Lunardi has us as a 10 seed,
View attachment 63459
That's fine... for now.
Really would prefer being the 10 seed in region 2 ?

Mick can’t win in match, Illinois ehhh pretty overrated IMO. Still a solid team. Youstin, no Caleb Mills and we beat em last year. Or SDSU, how tf are they higher than us?

Reaction Score
What are these people smoking?
Uconn, at this point, should be a 6 or 7 seed.
If you look at the Lunardi bracket graphic posted above, he has Rutgirls as a 4 seed. Thats crazy. They are likely going to miss the tourney based on current trajectory.

CL82

Reaction Score
Katz has us as a 12 and playing in a first 4 game. I was like whaaaat!? I can see us being a 5/6/7 seed.
It’s been a while since we were in the dance and we haven’t played a lot of games this season. If we keep doing what we’ve been doing, recognition will come.

Reaction Score
We have a lot of talented players and I hate to throw out caution but could we beat a very good team first? I mean just do that before we project Sweet Sixteen.

CL82

Reaction Score
Wake me up when we rank higher than Rutgers.
Perhaps the more interesting question is whether will be because of our ascension or RU's decline.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Dont understand how team like MICH isn’t higher. Undefeated in best conference and has blown out multiple ranked teams
They aren’t likely to be 1, 2, 3, or 4. So you think 5? That’s not too far off. And let’s not forget that all rankings are relatively subjective, and there are multiple top 25’s. I want to see Michigan play Illinois, Iowa, and MSU though - not Minn and Northwestern.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom