Look who’s moving up! | The Boneyard

Look who’s moving up!

Reaction Score
1609715802068.png

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
In the world of college hoops rankings, where does CBS stand? I usually see AP rankings or coaches poll, but all three have to be relatively close and similar, no?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why is there a #26? That’s just weird. These rankings are all such crap right now. Three loss Illinois ahead of Michigan? There’s just not enough to go on. Creighton doesn’t look like a top 10 team to me.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Why is there a #26? That’s just weird. These rankings are all such crap right now. Three loss Illinois ahead of Michigan? There’s just not enough to go on. Creighton doesn’t look like a top 10 team to me.
I’m guessing they had the same amount of points as the #25 team, so they snuck in. Illinois is better than Michigan. They have losses to Baylor, Rutgers, and Missouri. And Creighton is legit. They have real Final 4 potential.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I’m guessing they had the same amount of points as the #25 team, so they snuck in. Illinois is better than Michigan. They have losses to Baylor, Rutgers, and Missouri. And Creighton is legit. They have real Final 4 potential.
Creighton will live and die by the 3.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I‘ve seen enough of Creighton to think they barely have sweet 16 potential. If I’m wrong, this year has the worst collection of teams in decades. Which it might.

Reaction Score
Water under the bridge but where do you think the Huskies would be ranked if they had closed out that Creighton game? I just can't let that one go. :mad:
Teens, I bet. Given our small number of games, that one hiccup has proven to be very impactful.

Reaction Score
Water under the bridge .... I just can't let that one go. :mad:
apparently it's not water under the bridge lol but why?? because they were a top 10 team or because of the missed FTs? there's no shame in losing to a top 10 team so i'm guessing it was the FTs... but then again good games often come down to foul shots...if we lose a lose another close one will you be on suicide watch?

Reaction Score
apparently it's not water under the bridge lol but why?? because they were a top 10 team or because of the missed FTs? there's no shame in losing to a top 10 team so i'm guessing it was the FTs... but then again good games often come down to foul shots...if we lose a lose another close one will you be on suicide watch?
Because it was more than just the FTs. They should have won that game. Would have been a really good win and with this crazy schedule who knows how many chances they get this season to have a win like that on the resume.

Reaction Score
I've said in other threads that Hunter Dickenson is a perfect comp to Clingan, and that his play as a freshman at Michigan this year will set my expectations for what Clingan might be able to do. The CBS note on Michigan says Dickenson got 26pts and 11 rbs vs Maryland. Dickenson ate Mobley alive at Hoophall and is just a player that the services refused to rate higher than 40's, just like Clingan.

Reaction Score
I don’t get why cbs, Jeff Goodman on his top 25, espn, and AP coaches poll don’t have Seton Hall in the rankings. They’re 5-1 in big east with good road wins at Marquette and Xavier, and they haven’t even received votes. Reason I mention this is, if they’re not getting any attention, what’s it going to take for us to get some attention? We have road games at Marquette, DePaul, and Butler coming up, so even if we sweep, do we sniff the top 25 on ESPN and AP coaches poll? Just doesn’t make sense to me. I hope I’m wrong though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom