Look What Vandy Has Done | The Boneyard

Look What Vandy Has Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Derek Mason came in a HC this year and had a miserable year. They played multiple QBs, never really established an identity, and we're winless in conference while squeezing by UMass by 3, Charleston Southern by 1 and the only convincing wil was Old Dominion by 14.

Even thought he was a 1st year coach with the excuses of the new system, he has fired his DC and OC along w/ 2 others. He saw that things weren't working and made moves. I don't think Diaco would admit a hiring mistake this early.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Derek Mason came in a HC this year and had a miserable year. They played multiple QBs, never really established an identity, and we're winless in conference while squeezing by UMass by 3, Charleston Southern by 1 and the only convincing wil was Old Dominion by 14.

Even thought he was a 1st year coach with the excuses of the new system, he has fired his DC and OC along w/ 2 others. He saw that things weren't working and made moves. I don't think Diaco would admit a hiring mistake this early.

They were 9-4 a year ago. We were 3-9.

Different situation.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
Not so dissimilar, I thought Mason was even more disorganized and clueless than Diaco this year. He honestly looked like he had no idea what was going on

Reaction Score

Different situation.

LOL. Whitmer got in Diaco's ear and gave him plays that actually worked during the Memphis game. Cummings (or whoever is calling the plays) is completely lost. He won't can Patterson because he's a mentor of his, but Cummings has to go. We need an OC who has actually been in charge of designing an offense, called plays, and God forbid made an in-game adjustment or two in his life.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
LOL. Whitmer got in Diaco's ear and gave him plays that actually worked during the Memphis game. Cummings (or whoever is calling the plays) is completely lost. He won't can Patterson because he's a mentor of his, but Cummings has to go. We need an OC who has actually been in charge of designing an offense, called plays, and God forbid made an in-game adjustment or two in his life.

I have no confidence he would pick the correct guy!

Reaction Score

Different situation.
And similar results. Change is never easy. People don't like change. But sometimes it happens when we don't want it to.

Reaction Score

Exactly. Mason was well aware of his situation and fired what wasn't working, he's making the necessary moves to get better. Diaco hasn't done anything I doubt he will. I honestly believe that Diaco has the same marriage with Cummings as did PP had with GDL. Diaco talked about him and Cummings being close friends for a looong time and that his family knows Cummings family. I didn't like that comment.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Exactly. Mason was well aware of his situation and fired what wasn't working, he's making the necessary moves to get better. Diaco hasn't done anything I doubt he will. I honestly believe that Diaco has the same marriage with Cummings as did PP had with GDL. Diaco talked about him and Cummings being close friends for a looong time and that his family knows Cummings family. I didn't like that comment.

What Diaco needs to do is have younger players get older and more experienced. And a mobile QB.

Not sure firing anyone accomplishes that.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
So our present OC will suddenly dream up plays with players a year older? And Sherriffs scampering ?
Cummings A spread O guru?

Reaction Score
What Diaco needs to do is have younger players get older and more experienced. And a mobile QB.

Not sure firing anyone accomplishes that.

We will see since we know Cummings isn't going anywhere.

Reaction Score
So our present OC will suddenly dream up plays with players a year older? And Sherriffs scampering ?
Cummings A spread O guru?
Maybe if I sleep one more night, your idiotic comment will disappear.

Reaction Score
lets wait to see if we struggle on offense next year before we throw our oc under the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom