Look up my words | The Boneyard

Look up my words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I said a few times this team is better than any team we've ever had. I cant guarantee that we will win a championship and I know we only played maine but anyone with any basketball acumen saw the scary talent level we have. With Miller Nolan brimah and enosch upfront we have swarms of size that most teams do not we probably have the best guards were quick we had some nice built in chemistry. I mean this is one helluva team I mean dead scary good

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Here are my takeaways after beating #4,000 Maine.
  • Miller can jump.
  • Adams can run.
  • Larrier looked great in his red/white/blue suit combo.
  • Gampel looks better with the upper level lights dimmed.

Reaction Score
Its tough to argue. I'm not even sure what i watched last night. It didn't look like a game to me. It looked like UCONN and Maine were playing different sports in the 2nd half. Or maybe Maine sent the walk ons. Maine looked totally lost at that tempo.

Reaction Score
Few things stick out...first thing & I'm surprised no one has said it but in a big way "UNSELFISH" ...they looked to get everyone involved, no forced shots, no "i haven't scored in awhile so i'll force"....
second we are damn deep can throw a lot of people at ya.
Facey looked good in the short amount he played --- I specifically watched him, I've been a critic, but he looks faster, stronger, better.
Miller is our best athlete, damn he is quick off the floor and can jump out of the gym.

I agree with Scrappy this team is special .

the key, Brimah needs to stay on the floor ...his defense, the ally oops from Hamilton

i'm so excited for this season !!

Reaction Score
I don't think scrappy reads any of the posts in topics he creates, so that makes communicating with him difficult.

Reaction Score
I said a few times this team is better than any team we've ever had.
Lol.

Let's hope this team gets itself into that conversation, but we've had a ton of teams that not only had equal or better talent, but also had a core of its best players together for more than one NCAAT run.

All that said, I'm positively giddy about this team. I think they'll be our best regular season team since 2009 and give us a legitimate shot at a title.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I said a few times this team is better than any team we've ever had. I cant guarantee that we will win a championship and I know we only played maine but anyone with any basketball acumen saw the scary talent level we have. With Miller Nolan brimah and enosch upfront we have swarms of size that most teams do not we probably have the best guards were quick we had some nice built in chemistry. I mean this is one helluva team I mean dead scary good

You were on crack then, and you are on crack now. This team is good, w the potential to be very good.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Its tough to argue. I'm not even sure what i watched last night. It didn't look like a game to me. It looked like UCONN and Maine were playing different sports in the 2nd half. Or maybe Maine sent the walk ons. Maine looked totally lost at that tempo.

Maine did have a walk-on or two playing throughout the game. That reflects the lack of depth they have.

Reaction Score
2004 is a tough team to beat, Oak, Taliek, Gordon, Villanueva.Boone, Armstrong, Rashad, and Brown. This could be a very special team, but very tough to argue that they would, on paper at least be better than 2004. There are some similarities to 2004 and 2014, but in the end this current team will have to make it's own destiny.

Reaction Score
I said a few times this team is better than any team we've ever had.
Easy there scrappy. I'm not sure how you make that declaration after 1 game against an inferior opponent. I'd like to see more before I make any declarations how good they are and could be. We've had some awesome teams here at UConn. Being the best one will be pretty hard to do. We'll see.

Reaction Score
Easy there scrappy. I'm not sure how you make that declaration after 1 game against an inferior opponent. I'd like to see more before I make any declarations how good they are and could be. We've had some awesome teams here at UConn. Being the best one will be pretty hard to do. We'll see.

That's just Scrappy doing what Scrappy does. Gotta love the best team ever declaration after one win against Maine

Reaction Score
There are a lot of quality teams this year, more than the past few years, so winning the title will be tough. Who ever ends up winning the NC will have to be very, very good.

Reaction Score
I would like 2 knockdown 3 point shooters, right now we have 1. Maybe it will be Adams.

Reaction Score
I said a few times this team is better than any team we've ever had. With Miller Nolan brimah and enosch upfront we have swarms of size

You think those 4 upfront come anywhere near OK4,Boone,CV and Hilton? I respectfully disagree. This team has talent but it is not better than any team we`ve ever had. Thats crazy!

Reaction Score
I would like 2 knockdown 3 point shooters, right now we have 1. Maybe it will be Adams.
Gibbs is lights out. A lot of dudes are okay. Would love one or two more to turn into Giffey or Daniels to his Shabazz..

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You think those 4 upfront come anywhere near OK4,Boone,CV and Hilton? I respectfully disagree. This team has talent but it is not better than any team we`ve ever had. Thats crazy!
Guys - 1 game in
Could be the best team could not be
I don't care as long as they win it all
That will be 5 and guess what? Any of the 5 might not be the best - WHO CARES?????

Reaction Score

Brimah
Miller
Nolan
Facey
Enoch

That might end up being a solid front court rotation, but Oak was a monster wrecking crew all on his own, CV, Armstrong and Boone were all solid contributors.

It can happen, the 14 front court was no where near this years team and 04's and they ended up with the title, so things will get interesting.

Reaction Score
I think this team will be very good, but Maine's opponents last year averaged a 55.8 effective fg% (worst in the country) and our effective fg% on Friday was 58.3%. Not very much above their norm from last year.

Reaction Score
Gibbs is lights out. A lot of dudes are okay. Would love one or two more to turn into Giffey or Daniels to his Shabazz..
Yes. And I think it could happen. It might be Rodney or even DHam, but I think Adams has "it".

Reaction Score
Here are my takeaways after beating #4,000 Maine.
  • Miller can jump.
  • Adams can run.
  • Larrier looked great in his red/white/blue suit combo.
  • Gampel looks better with the upper level lights dimmed.

THATS who was in the salmon colored pants. I was sitting there stumped as to who else was on the bench in fancy 'street clothes', rockin that vineyard vines look, he's getting acquainted with CT very quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom