Look out for the Big 12 GOR details | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Look out for the Big 12 GOR details

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
OK, so the GOR is an addendum to the TV agreement. That is critical, IMO. My question would be: who expects the TV deal to still be relevant in 2025? My guess is that by 2025 we'll be getting content in substantially different ways. That means that sometime prior to that there will have to be a new 'broadcast" agreement to take advantage of emerging technologies. A new agreement means the end of the current GOR.

pj

Reaction Score
I think you can consider the GoR as roughly functionally equivalent to a sliding-scale exit fee of around $7 mn per year remaining on the TV contract. Right now the contract has a long time to run, so the GoR is a barrier to departure, but as time goes on it becomes progressively less of a barrier. In five years, the B12 GoR is less of a barrier to departure than the ACC $50 mn exit fee.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I'm not positive about this but I believe the GOR goes up for extension when it has 5 or 7 years remaining.

Reaction Score
I'm not positive about this but I believe the GOR goes up for extension when it has 5 or 7 years remaining.

The term listed in the contract states simply June 30, 2025 as the expiration. No extension mentioned.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
but my question goes unanswered becuase thats the key here. fox owns more than espn in the b12. at some point fox is going to hand espn its ass in the b10 race and fox has the pac. fox is going to turn around to espn and say, if we blow up the b12, your little acc pet lives can can add to get to 16 or 18. espn listens, and they work it out. the pac will have its taste of 4 to 6 b12 teams and espn will let them out of its part of the gor. in return, espn will add wvu no issues and i'm sure some other $ stuff will be taken care of.

Can ESPN & Fox cooperate on the breakup of a college league without being subject to the Sherman act?If a bunch of schools (Baylor, ISU, TCU etc) are left out in the cold by the networks you'd think there'd be an antitrust suit. Perhaps there's a trivial way around that, I don't know...

Reaction Score
In the minutes of the ACC and BE meetings, the Presidents made mention of anti-trust litigation in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom