Long video feature on Caroline Doty | The Boneyard

Long video feature on Caroline Doty

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
When she was 11, she played on a team with EDD. Her Husky career overlapped Renee, Maya, Tina, Stewie, Moriah, and more. After 8 years at Nike, she is coaching at Wisconsin with Marisa Mosely.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I remember going slightly nutso when Caroline sustained the knee injury playing HS soccer. Made me a lifetime soccer no way for our recruits.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
She told an interesting story in the interview that I think is worth highlighting here. She said that when she was a freshman at UConn, she came out of a game feeling frustrated about something that happened on the court. She only went halfway down the bench with her high-fives before taking a seat. But Tina Charles quickly told her, "We don't do that here. When you come out, go all the way down the bench and high-five everyone including the team managers. Now get back up and do that."

That's a good story about team culture, but also about Tina Charles. I don't think I would have pictured Tina being that kind of a culture cop on the team, although it was her junior year at that point.

Reaction Score
I’d stack up Caroline’s early freshman year against any other incoming great…certainly for guard play. Shot lights out, a passing wizard, and really fast. Plus she was all attitude. Recovered and was front and center for back to back perfect seasons…but never the same. Never hung her head after what happened against Syracuse…the day Maya wouldn’t quit.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That was a great interview! It would be shocking if Doty won't become very successful in coaching in the future.
This is actually part of a series in which Chris Hansen of prospects nation and formerly ESPN Hoopgurlz is doing a great job. His other interviews in the series were with Andraya Carter and Kelsey Plum. All three were outstanding because Chris haas known them since they were in grade school.

Reaction Score
This is actually part of a series in which Chris Hansen of prospects nation and formerly ESPN Hoopgurlz is doing a great job. His other interviews in the series were with Andraya Carter and Kelsey Plum. All three were outstanding because Chris haas known them since they were in grade school.

Thanks! I will go find and watch them.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
What a great mature young woman she has become. I am sure she will be successful as a future head coach.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
By the time Caroline has graduated from college, she had played with at least 4 future Hall of Famers: EDD, Tina, Maya, and Stewie. Unreal!

Reaction Score
I have a book signed by Caroline. IIRC it's "Heart of a Huskie" or something like that. I'm going to have to dig it up. One of my favorite UConn players.

Reaction Score
Favorite photo of Doty was in the San Antonio newspaper after winning the National Championship. Arms spread out looking at the confetti stars falling from above. Wish I had the skills to get that picture.

Reaction Score
I have a book signed by Caroline. IIRC it's "Heart of a Husky" or something like that. I'm going to have to dig it up. One of my favorite UConn players.
Dummy me. The book was by Mel Thomas.

Reaction Score
Thank you all for watching and sharing. We went long on this episode because her stories were too good not to share.

During one of the breaks we got to talking about her 4th ACL tear, which she sustained playing pick up while at Nike.

I agree if her knees didn't fail her there's no way she doesn't have a brilliant pro career.

All three episodes are here: Drip For The Soul - EliteisEarned

Or if you want to jump straight to YouTube:

Reaction Score
Oh if only her knee hadn't been destroyed by all those ACL tears, what couldn't she have accomplished :(

I'm glad she's been able to move on and build a successful life/career for herself.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Did she play with EDD?
Caroline Doty played AAU basketball with EDD from the time she was 11 through 16. The pair won a two AAU national championships in the process and only a broken hand for EDD prevented them from winning a 3rd.

Reaction Score
Caroline Doty played AAU basketball with EDD from the time she was 11 through 16. The pair won a two AAU national championships in the process and only a broken hand for EDD prevented them from winning a 3rd.

Thanks. I didn’t know that

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom