Long Thoracic Nerve Surgery - who has had it and where? | The Boneyard

Long Thoracic Nerve Surgery - who has had it and where?

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
I recently discovered after a EMG nerve test I have mild LTN paralysis from an injury I sustained in 2005.

This has been the first diagnosis that makes sense in this long battle for an answer of why my right scapula wings and I have dysfunctional shoulder movements. It also explains why PT never works in the end.

I now have to find a doctor who deals with this not so common injury.

I have done a ton of research but am really just searching for anyone who has had any of the surgical options for this issue.

What your outcome was, how you found the doctor, how long you were dealing with problems, what the problems were.

Seeing if the boneyard might have a kindred soul who has shared my suffering & possibly offer some helpful info.

I have some Boston doctors recommended from my orthopedic in RI, but before I get too far in, I wanted to make a post here.

Reaction Score
if you don’t mind me asking how old are you and how does this effect your occupation or quality of life?

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
if you don’t mind me asking how old are you and how does this effect your occupation or quality of life?
I’m 31 nearing 32 so this injury happened around age 12 & has cemented as my central issue for the last 15 years.

In that time due to instability -

I’ve hurt my rotator cuff 3x (but never had any major RC injuries thankfully)

developed a click & crunch in my neck when turning left

Tension headaches

Affects which positions I can sleep

Prevents me from building any real muscle

Strained my lower back at least 5x due to improper form & muscle imbalance

Prevents me from playing basketball as my shooting form isn’t good anymore & layups are not strong (+ high risk of a rotator cuff injury)

Driving is uncomfortable too as I’m never in a good position for support & need to do weird movements to adjust into positions where I can complete motions

Probably a few I’m forgetting

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not quite the same but I had a decision in my 30's about back surgery. For me, it was easy. I was at the point I couldn't go on in the condition I was. But I never played hoop again. Best wishes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom