Lone Bright Spot: Carlton is good | The Boneyard

Lone Bright Spot: Carlton is good

Reaction Score
First UConn big to reach double figures twice this year. He missed a double double by one board.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
upload_2018-1-16_23-13-26.jpeg

"Carlton....good.

Team...bad.
"

Reaction Score
Coaching aside, I really hope he’s here for all 4 years. He will end up being a stud.

Carlton is good and Whaley is good and a good coach would have had them installed as the starting 4 and 5 from the outset (or, if not the outset, at least after Gilbert was done).

Two beautiful passes from Whaley to Carlton tonight - yes, that big to big passing can actually be part of the offense!

Instead we have been subjected to endless minutes from Anderson as we go with the small but not especially good at anything lineup.

Reaction Score
He was the only player with a nice stat line tonight.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Carlton has loads of potential. Whaley has some too. Polley has a long way to go. Diarra is better than Ollie thinks. Not sure why he can’t get minutes. Instead we get AA who is a train wreck.

Reaction Score
Carlton and Whaley should play at the 4 and 5 with Mama getting some time too. David O should never play unless everyone else has fouled out. I know Anderson can play good on ball defense which is nice but that is literally all he is good for. Unfortunately I see why Ollie had to play him this game because at least he wants to come to the ball to help Adams out. The other guys don’t feel comfortable enough to even try to help out Adams. But when Larrier is back, Anderson needs to be on the bench, only replacing vital when he does something stupid.

Reaction Score
Carlton and Whaley should play at the 4 and 5 with Mama getting some time too. David O should never play unless everyone else has fouled out. I know Anderson can play good on ball defense which is nice but that is literally all he is good for. Unfortunately I see why Ollie had to play him this game because at least he wants to come to the ball to help Adams out. The other guys don’t feel comfortable enough to even try to help out Adams. But when Larrier is back, Anderson needs to be on the bench, only replacing vital when he does something stupid.

Yeah Whaley and carlton just need to stay out of foul trouble so they ban play and learn as much as they can this year, both have some nice upside. Wish Carlton had Whaley's quickness and feet and wish Whaley had some of Josh's size. But they know what they need to work on and if they want to get better they will.

Agree on Anderson, sorry way too many minutes and little impact in return for a while even on D, although made some decent plays yesterday but called for couple which were wrong. Still play 2 guards please. And Diarra needs to get serious, comes in way too loose, chicken with his head cut off on D, needs to figure out how to end up in position to rebound instead of always being behind his guy!

Reaction Score
Still incredibly raw. Hopefully a strength and conditioning coach will help him with explosion off the floor. Many of the mistakes by the big guys are caused by lack of conditioning to play 25 minutes a game at this level. It'll come in time.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
He’s a freshman with a young-looking body. He’ll fill it out, and a good S&C program can give him the strength to finish through contact after holding his position with lower body strength. He already has very good hands and a nice touch. He should be shooting 10-15 foot jumpers and free throws and perfecting post moves going left and right all summer long.

Whaley needs to work on his strength too, and his jumper. But he’s already bouncier. He’s also going to need some ability off the dribble, but I think he can do that.

Ollie likes the 3 guard look - I only like it if you’ve got three super guards that the opponent can’t match, or finishing out a win. It would really help if Polley could contribute on the wing. If not, it’ll have to be Wilson and Matthews - next year

Reaction Score
Anderson can also penetrate. The problem he is better penetrating and passing than shooting it. He needs to give up the ball more often on his drives. I notice he always starts his drives late in the shot clock leading to a forced penetration. He needs to do it sooner and not wait for JA to not get open to do it.

Reaction Score
The problem with Anderson being out there so much is that the team does not have ballhandlers. Larrier wasn't even out there last night and the team was having its pocket picked. You can't really do anything on the court if you can't dribble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom