lol www.buyoutrandyedsall.org | The Boneyard

lol www.buyoutrandyedsall.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm just saying 90% of people who would have clicked the link aren't going to type it out in their browser.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh fight
fight
fight fight
you wont do it, you wont
do it you wont

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Reach Out Expenditures. That letter is pretty damn funny.

Reaction Score
funny stuff. i bet they get quite a few small donations. they hate him down there.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I imagine they would get more pledges if there were a way to safely pledge a donation, knowing that a) the money was without question going to where it was intended and b) that you would only be out the money if this is successful.

Reaction Score
Wow Twerps ready to throw Edsall under the bus before the season is over. It took people here at least a few seasons before concluding UConn could do better.

Reaction Score
From ESPN:

Maryland Terrapins placekicker Nick Ferrara tells Eric Prisbell of the Washington Post that nine games into Randy Edsall's tenure as coach of the team, a significant number of players are unhappy with the coach, and may leave at season's end.
"At this point, it's not like two sides of the cafeteria ? this side is buying in, this side is not," Ferrara said. "People are keeping it to themselves. No one knows who is going to go [transfer], who is going to stay, who is feeling which way."
Kevin Dorsey, a junior wide receiver who plans on coming back for his senior season, said the internal strife had "definitely" contributed to some of the team's losses this year. "You had a group of people who were not all the way in and another group that was," he said. "And things change over time. If people change their mind-set now, it just sucks that it has taken this long."
"Transitions from one coach to another are rarely smooth," Prisbell writes. "But two factors in the change from Ralph Friedgen to Edsall have been evident: Edsall imposed strict team rules that included no earrings and no hat-wearing in the team's football headquarters. And many players continue to have positive feelings toward Friedgen, who was fired after 10 mostly successful seasons.
"At least a dozen players with eligibility remaining left the program in the offseason for a variety of reasons. And six players this season have been suspended for at least one game because of various undisclosed transgressions. Maurice Hampton, a fifth-year senior defensive lineman, said some players have been upset because of Edsall's team rules."
Ferrara says he won't be upset if players transfer. "I don't care if they are a starter or the worst person on the team," Ferrara said. "I am agreeing with Edsall. I want the best people here who want to play and want to be here. We don't need cancers on the team."

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/features/rumors

Reaction Score
Looks like the players needed discipline after all. And if they are laying down in protest, it's on the players, not Edsall. No rings or hats, that's his rule. Don't like it? Go somewhere else. When Randy gets his players, he'll win--- and these website clowns will slink away to their man caves.

Reaction Score

I wonder how hard the site's webmaster would have had to work to make the Mission Statement even more difficult to read.

Reaction Score
Looks like the players needed discipline after all. And if they are laying down in protest, it's on the players, not Edsall. No rings or hats, that's his rule. Don't like it? Go somewhere else. When Randy gets his players, he'll win--- and these website clowns will slink away to their man caves.

Agreed. Although I think the website is pretty funny.

It is obvious that there are going to eb quite a few transfers after the season. Edsall is in the Tom Coughlin mold, and some kids can't play under a coach like that. Just like we saw and will see more than usual transfers after the season, so too will Maryland.

I know I am in the minority here, but I appreciated Coach Edsall's strict rules and expectations for players. I am sure he won't be upset losing players who don't buy in and don't like his rules. Just like Coach P, MD needs to let Edsall have some time.

Reaction Score
I would imagine that the site's revenues are really picking up in the past 2 hours. MD down 38-7 on National TV only half way thru the 3rd Qtr.

What a sh!tshow this has turned out to be for Edsall.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I can see his point. The names on the jersies and hats on the players' heads are really holding back all the teams beating Randy's ass every week.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I can see his point. The names on the jersies and hats on the players' heads are really holding back all the teams beating Randy's ass every week.
If I was arm-tackling like Maryland's defense, I wouldn't want my name on my jersey.

Reaction Score
This Fan Post on Testudio Times about Edsall sums it all up.

Bottom line

Edsall’s brand of football is predictable and boring… aka it will not put butts in seats and will not attract high level players. Edsall’s legacy will be forever keeping UMD in the land of mediocrity. Everyone knows that UConn was mediocre at best in a worse league. Why should we expect better.
http://www.testudotimes.com/2011/11/12/2557685/poll-is-edsalls-direction-good-for-maryland

At least UConn went to the Fiesta Bowl...UMD can't say that.

Reaction Score
2-8 to start. Transfers out. Randy's ability to isolate himself from outside; is not a way to get fan support for a 3-4 year turn around (especially with fans who see last year at 9-4 and not the prior year at 2-10). Next year how does team get much better? Returning players get stronger and more skilled; RS freshman step up; real freshman have some gems who play immediately. If player turmoil hits re transfers for next year could impact returning player improvement; would not seem like ideal situation for high skill recruiting class for next year and even though Maryland is much more prestigious football program than Uconn, RE hasn't shown top 50 recruiting ability as a head coach even though he was only at the little country school in Storrs. Maryland could realistically go 2-10 this year; what's upside for next year; winning record seems would be an ambitious goal. Better have weak OOC schedule.

Some BE examples of new coachs:

Greg Robinson at Syracuse (prior year 6-6) was 1-10, 4-8, 2-10, 3-9
Kragthorpe at Louisville(prior year 12-1) was 6-6, 5-7, 4-8
Marrone at Syracuse (prior year 3-9) was 4-8, 8-5, 5-5 so far (with potential to miss bowl)
Strong at Louisville (prior year 4-8) was 7-6 , 5-5 so far (and hopefully at least one more loss)

1st year turning out like Robinson re record as new 1st year's coach (with shot at more like Marrone). No preseason indication of Maryland having this type of year, more like 5-3 in league expected. Both Marrone and Strong followed real bad "prior coaching regimes in both results and recruiting". The latter should take some time to overcome and 2nd, 3rd and even 4th years can be rocky given usually weak senior and RS seniors from prior regime in 3rd and 4th years.

RE improvement should be "statistically easy" especially next year if from 2-12. Go from 2 to say 5 then 7/8 wins and is showing improvement that probably, with 6 year $12mill contract keeps him at Maryland. If RS freshman to any significant step take hike and this recruiting class is anything less than stellar, will be tough next 3 years for Maryland FB and very hard to see how RE gets enough improvement in wins to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom