LOL...just when you thought you couldn't have less faith in the Big East.... | The Boneyard

LOL...just when you thought you couldn't have less faith in the Big East....

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Jeff Hathaway was hired by the Big East conference today!!!! LOL!!! I am not making that up!!!!!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I do believe that to keep his NCAA chair position he needed to be employed by either UConn or the Big East. I guess they threw him a bone.

U

UConn9604

This is a good thing. He needed to be hired by the Conference in order to act as the Chair of the NCAA Men's Selection Committee. The outgoing chair asked for a waiver (of the requirement that you currently be employed with an NCAA institution) and that was denied; the NCAA decided that he was required to have a job with the Big East (or someone else) in order to serve as Chair.

Trust me -- this is a good, good thing. Otherwise, we would have lost that influence in the weeks leading up to March Madness.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
You really think Hathaway is going to work in favor of UConn (whose President fired him) and Calhoun? I don't see how this is a good thing...but OK!

Reaction Score
Jeff Hathaway was hired by the Big East conference today!!!! LOL!!! I am not making that up!!!!!:rolleyes:

Godfather%2011.jpg

"Godfather can you find a spot for my friend Jeff?"

"UUUUHHHHHH...Tranghese owes me a favor, I'll call him."

"Tom, I want you to fly down to Charlotte and talk to this guy Swofford. Yeah? He owns a race horse?"

Reaction Score
You really think Hathaway is going to work in favor of UConn (whose President fired him) and Calhoun? I don't see how this is a good thing...but OK!
Is UConn going to need his influence come March?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Somehow I don't see us as being a bubble team.

U

UConn9604

I know the guy (Hathaway). Not really well, but somewhat well.

Anyway, the odds of him trying to screw UConn -- or even working against UConn or the Big East -- in terms of selections and placements on Selection Sunday are about as long as the odds of John Marinatto winning the Hartford Marathon on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Actually Jeff did an outstanding job as asst-AD under Lew. It fit his strong suit as a bulldog hard worker. He ran into problems when he was cast into a leadership roll. As someone who has talked to him on numerous ocassions he is an easy guy to like who got in over his head. I am happy for him and wish him the best. There seems to be a lot of people here rooting for Jeff to fail. You can dislike the job he did but don't hate the man.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Is UConn going to need his influence come March?
They can influence the brackets and which teams are placed in the brackets. So you can be certain if there is a team that can create matchup problems with UConn, that team will be in UConn's bracket.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They can influence the brackets and which teams are placed in the brackets. So you can be certain if there is a team that can create matchup problems with UConn, that team will be in UConn's bracket.

Seriously, this is crazy. Have you ever read the stories about what's it's like in the room. Somehow one guy is going to magically circumvent all the seeding and geographical rules to get a team that might create matchup problems into UConn's bracket? Not only would you have to be right about creating those problems, the teams would have to play through the bracket and make it to the games.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Seriously, this is crazy. Have you ever read the stories about what's it's like in the room. Somehow one guy is going to magically circumvent all the seeding and geographical rules to get a team that might create matchup problems into UConn's bracket? Not only would you have to be right about creating those problems, the teams would have to play through the bracket and make it to the games.
After listening to DeFelippo and his role in the ACC selection, I can easily see my statement as being serious and not crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom