willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
fool me once, shame on you
fool me twice, shame on me

but if you fool me three times, I'm going to cry and then tell mommy

LOSER

Reaction Score
Here's Marshall Faulk: "Marshall Faulk on NFL Network before the game on Tom Brady and the Patriots: “That 10-0 [record to start his playoff career], that was Willie McGinest, it was [Mike] Vrabel, it was [Tedy] Bruschi — it was a lot of guys carrying the Patriots on defense. Tom, pretty much it was a lot of showing up, not turning the football over — we’re going to win games. The 8-8 [since], that’s a bunch of Tom Brady-led teams where, ‘Tom, this is on your arm, you have to go out there and win these football games.'”

LOL. Uh, Marshall. What was Brady doing when his team gave up 29 points in 31 minutes to the Carolina Panthers. How about throwing for one of the highest yardage totals in Super Bowl history. Then Faulk goes on to say that it was Vinatieri and the defense that won those games. First Super Bowl? Yes. Though Brady lead the game-winning drive. Second Super Bowl? What's so good about a defense getting shredded for 29 points in 31 minutes? What's so good about a kicker missing 2 chip shot FGs? Yeah, Vinatieri hit the game winner. But he missed two easy ones earlier in the game.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The thing about King that roiled me in his MMQB this morning is he lauded the Patriots O-line yesterday. I mean, Josh Kline was tossed around like a rag doll. Brady was bludgeoned. And yet here we have King lauding these guys for protecting him. I read where Brady was 95% on throws that he released after 1 second. And he had 2 dozen of those. Seriously, Peter? You may have missed it, but Brady pretty much beat the myth that hitting him hard and repeatedly takes him off his game. He was hit hard and repeatedly, and came back for more.
All he had to do was listen to the broadcast. Brady was beat up in the first half because the o line was getting shredded. They switched to three step drops and hot reads and changed the game. The broadcast clearly displayed that.

Reaction Score
The thing about King that roiled me in his MMQB this morning is he lauded the Patriots O-line yesterday. I mean, Josh Kline was tossed around like a rag doll. Brady was bludgeoned. And yet here we have King lauding these guys for protecting him. I read where Brady was 95% on throws that he released after 1 second. And he had 2 dozen of those. Seriously, Peter? You may have missed it, but Brady pretty much beat the myth that hitting him hard and repeatedly takes him off his game. He was hit hard and repeatedly, and came back for more.

I would disagree. That INT that he threw at the end of the 1st half showed that Baltimore was getting to him physically and mentally. During halftime, the Pats moved to a quick drop and release taking the pressure off of him and the Ravens pressure was limited for the rest of the game. He then excelled.

Reaction Score
I would disagree. That INT that he threw at the end of the 1st half showed that Baltimore was getting to him physically and mentally. During halftime, the Pats moved to a quick drop and release taking the pressure off of him and the Ravens pressure was limited for the rest of the game. He then excelled.

??

He was rolling in the first half after the first 2 possessions.

He threw for over 200 yards prior to the INT. He was bringing them down for a 3rd consecutive score.

What are you disagreeing with exactly?

Reaction Score
Mr. Conehead approves of Terell Suggs almost choking his wife to death.

Just thought I'd mention that.

By the way, you can find this play called "Fight Song" under Alabama and Auburn's plays in EA Sports NCAA Football 14. Apparently, some programming geeks knew about this play, but not Harbaugh.

I never said I was a Ravens fan nor do I in any way approve of a lot of the ‘thugish’ things that go on with that team. For me, picking between the Pats and the Ravens in the NFL is almost as hard for me to do as pick between Kentucky and Duke in the NCAA basketball.

I am a Niners fans (yes, there are a few players on the roster that I do not want to be there either) and have no love for the Ravens. Even more that losing to them in the Super Bowl a few years back, I absolutely detested the media plaudits that rained down on Ray ‘Getaway’ Lewis. He was an awesome football player, who likely should have been enshrined in jail instead of in Canton, Ohio.

Yes, I also do not like the Patriots. I believe that Bob Kraft screwed over Connecticut and Hartford. I think Tom Brady is a prima donna and a very good quarterback. While Bill Belichick is a great coach, he has an ego the size of North America and the morals of an eel. He knows the NFL rulebook inside and out and will use whatever he can to bend and sometimes break the rules to his advantage.

Reaction Score
I never said I was a Ravens fan nor do I in any way approve of a lot of the ‘thugish’ things that go on with that team. For me, picking between the Pats and the Ravens in the NFL is almost as hard for me to do as pick between Kentucky and Duke in the NCAA basketball.

I am a Niners fans (yes, there are a few players on the roster that I do not want to be there either) and have no love for the Ravens. Even more that losing to them in the Super Bowl a few years back, I absolutely detested the media plaudits that rained down on Ray ‘Getaway’ Lewis. He was an awesome football player, who likely should have been enshrined in jail instead of in Canton, Ohio.

Yes, I also do not like the Patriots. I believe that Bob Kraft screwed over Connecticut and Hartford. I think Tom Brady is a prima donna and a very good quarterback. While Bill Belichick is a great coach, he has an ego the size of North America and the morals of an eel. He knows the NFL rulebook inside and out and will use whatever he can to bend and sometimes break the rules to his advantage.

The 49ers? How did you handle them using inherently unfair formations on opponent's field goal attempts this year?

skitch.0.png

That's a black eye for the organization ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom