Logo size | The Boneyard

Logo size

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I'm watching the WVU at Kansas game.

Has anyone studied the growth in logo size?

They seem to be getting bigger and bigger.

Is there a school with a larger logo than Kansas?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
James Madison's floor is hideous.... but I guess its ok if you are a fan of bulldogs

Not as large as the Jayhawk... but the Wolf they use at NC State for the men's games is fairly large..... not sure if they have a big logo at the women's arena.

Last edited:

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Has anyone studied the growth in logo size?
They seem to be getting bigger and bigger.
Is there a school with a larger logo than Kansas?

It has been studied. It seems to be a case of logo envy. It has shown itself as a psychosocial illness among Athletic Directors. While seemingly harmless, the fear is that since there is no known treatment, logos may overtake the court floor and eventually spread into the stadium seating.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I really struggle to watch games on Oregon’s court. The big “O” in the center of the court is fine, but all those damned trees around the perimeter of the court are really disconcerting.

Plus the trees make no sense. Oregon’s mascot is a duck. Ducks don’t hang out in trees. They hang out in lakes and ponds. Now if it was the Oregon State Beavers, the trees would still be ugly, but at least they would make sense.

Reaction Score
At least they haven't reached the insanity of the Boise State blue turf.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
At least they haven't reached the insanity of the Boise State blue turf.
Call me crazy, but I kind of like the blue field at Boise St. However, when it comes to pure shock value, there’s nothing that beats the red field at Eastern Washington, otherwise known as “the Inferno.”

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Call me crazy, but I kind of like the blue field at Boise St. However, when it comes to pure shock value, there’s nothing that beats the red field at Eastern Washington, otherwise known as “the Inferno.”
Yea, that ain't right.

RoosSkyShot.jpg

Reaction Score
I remember that red field from an FCS championship playoff game a few years ago. Yuck! My son has a form of color blindness where he can't distinguish shades of a color when they are next to each other. He hates trying to watch a game on the blue field because all he can see are disembodied heads, numbers, and shoes floating in space.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yea, that ain't right.

RoosSkyShot.jpg
I have a good friend who played football at Bowling Green. He and a number of other BG alums proposed that they would raise the funds to put in a new turf field at BG in the team color, which happens to be orange.

They were advised by the AD that while Boise St had an exception grandfathered in, all D1 FBS schools were mandated to have only green fields. While my friend was pretty disappointed, I couldn’t help but think that BG dodged a bullet.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I have a good friend who played football at Bowling Green. He and a number of other BG alums proposed that they would raise the funds to put in a new turf field at BG in the team color, which happens to be orange.

They were advised by the AD that while Boise St had an exception grandfathered in, all D1 FBS schools were mandated to have only green fields. While my friend was pretty disappointed, I couldn’t help but think that BG dodged a bullet.
He should have let them raise the funds before he told them he couldn't use it for the field. But he'd be glad to use it for some other things BG needed. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom