Logo: after a good nights sleep | The Boneyard

Logo: after a good nights sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I liked it yesterday now I LOVE it! The only thing I wasn't quite sure about is the red outline being used when UCONN is underneath. I changed my mind and love that too.

uconnhusky_logo.jpg

Reaction Score
I like it a lot. And I think people who don't like it, will change their minds after they see how it will be incorporated into the new uniforms that Nike will release next week.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I like it a lot. And I think people who don't like it, will change their minds after they see how it will be incorporated into the new uniforms that Nike will release next week.
you say that like youve seen them?

Reaction Score
I like the all white husky version of it better but I like this one too. I am certainly not part of the upset crowd.

Reaction Score
I have gone from maybe I can get used to it to I hate it. The eyes are Carolina blue and there is too much red. Maybe someday I will appreciate it... Possibly if we change our name to the wolves?

Reaction Score
I am saying that as a person who works in college athletics and has seen Nike's other logo reveals. People are going to like this a lot more once everything is out there.

Reaction Score
I liked it from the beginning and it's continuing to grow on me. I think the vast majority of the people who dislike it, only dislike it because it's new. It looks significantly better than the old logo. My favorite complaint is that it looks like a wolf.... huskies look like wolves. They're an incredibly close descendent. Of course it looks like a wolf.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I liked it from the beginning and it's continuing to grow on me. I think the vast majority of the people who dislike it, only dislike it because it's new. It looks significantly better than the old logo. My favorite complaint is that it looks like a wolf.... huskies look like wolves. They're an incredibly close descendent. Of course it looks like a wolf.
I think most of the people that dislike it are doing it to be contrarian.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I started with "it doesn't suck" and have been warming to it ever since. I think the blue husky may be a slightly better graphic than the Pen's white husky spin off, but the white husky would have been a tip of the cap to tradition. My only real suggestion is that the red outline husky become the dominant version of the logo. To me it is much more polished. I agree though, you really can't say until you see it on the unis.​
Remember that "frosted white helmet" that a football recruit (can't remember who) tweeted about? I am looking forward to seeing how, or if at all, the new logo is incorporated with it. I'm really looking forward to the new MBB unis. Our current ones are decent in person but don't 'pop' on television.​

Reaction Score

Yea I don't get the wolf thing when there have been pics of real live Siberian Huskies posted on here that look spot on with the new logo.

Reaction Score
Yea I don't get the wolf thing when there have been pics of real live Siberian Huskies posted on here that look spot on with the new logo.

It's because our Jonathan has long been all white. It is possible that one or more of his predecessors had some black in him, and maybe some pictures will surface in the next few days.

Reaction Score
It's because our Jonathan has long been all white. It is possible that one or more of his predecessors had some black in him, and maybe some pictures will surface in the next few days.
Jonathan I was Black and White
01Jonathan1934.jpg

Jonathan II and on were all white

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score

The first Jonathan had black and brown colorging, and unfortunately he only lasted a couple months. Every single one since then has been all white.

Reaction Score
I thought I had seen such a picture somewhere along the line, nice work, thanks!!

Reaction Score
The first Jonathan had black and brown colorging, and unfortunately he only lasted a couple months. Every single one since then has been all white.
And that is beyond just a coincidence. When UConn gets a new Jonathan they intentionally get an all white one. A White Husky has become the symbol of the University and its athletic teams. It separates UConn from all the other Huskies out there. This is an epic fail of New Coke proportions.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
And that is beyond just a coincidence. When UConn gets a new Jonathan they intentionally get an all white one. A White Husky has become the symbol of the University and its athletic teams. It separates UConn from all the other Huskies out there. This is an epic fail of New Coke proportions.

I have to say, some of the things you say make me think that your persona is all some sort of performance art. Your last line is just mindnumbingly stupid, for many reasons.

Reaction Score
I have to say, some of the things you say make me think that your persona is all some sort of performance art. Your last line is just mindnumbingly stupid, for many reasons.
As is yours...

Reaction Score
It's because our Jonathan has long been all white.

Well, it does make that great video of Coach Ollie calling Jonathan in to edit the new logo kind of ironic. Perhaps he'd been to a reunion recently and designed the new version after some of the black sheep in his family.

Reaction Score
It's incredible how powerful the mere exposure effect is. I woke up this morning and found myself absolutely loving the new look. I can't go more than an hour without going back to the uconn website to look at it some more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom