Lockers taken away... | The Boneyard

Lockers taken away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
According to Geno few things work with the present generation of kids, but certainly not the old ways of motivating kids.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Geno did this last year with the freshman class. It seemed to work a little bit, Stef and Bria both did pretty well and they seem very close as a class. (Always cheering Michaela and Lauren on when they are in, etc.) It's probably his way of getting them to focus their energy on proving him wrong and bonding as a class.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno did this last year with the freshman class. It seemed to work a little bit, Stef and Bria both did pretty well and they seem very close as a class. (Always cheering Michaela and Lauren on when they are in, etc.) It's probably his way of getting them to focus their energy on proving him wrong and bonding as a class.
I think singling out individuals may work better than banning the whole team.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
...well, they were going up against STONY Brook. Not much of a measuring stick. Now, a win against BU? That would be impressive.

It's not been a very good year for the Hawks.

Reaction Score
Coaches who lockout the entire team are making a strong statement that the team is no way near playing the way it should and that has to stop. Now it's up to the team to show they merit getting their locker room back. The UH team earned it back. It's open whether they will continue to earn it.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Coaches who lockout the entire team are making a strong statement that the team is no way near playing the way it should and that has to stop. Now it's up to the team to show they merit getting their locker room back. The UH team earned it back. It's open whether they will continue to earn it.
Strong statement only if the kids buy into it. Geno seems to think that possibly no longer happens. I'm sure for some it still does, but many coaches are noting a generational shift as regards the effectiveness of the message.

Reaction Score
Strong statement only if the kids buy into it. Geno seems to think that possibly no longer happens. I'm sure for some it still does, but many coaches are noting a generational shift as regards the effectiveness of the message.
I think this is still very effective. Life lessons are being taught. Don't pay the mortgage, the rent, the car - deal with the repo man. What's it called - elevated sanctions? lol

Reaction Score
I think banning a team from their lockers is a really stupid thing to do.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think this is still very effective. Life lessons are being taught. Don't pay the mortgage, the rent, the car - deal with the repo man. What's it called - elevated sanctions? lol
Hey, its the coaches who disagree with you.

Reaction Score
I think banning a team from their lockers is a really stupid thing to do.

I don't know how it is in Hartford, but at UCONN the locker room is practically a lounge. There are TVs and other amenities in there. So to get kicked out might sting a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom