Locker Room Renovations | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Locker Room Renovations

Reaction Score
I have Verizon service and it's unfathomable why I don't get good data in the stadium that is in the heart of a metro area, flat topography-wise, next to a Fortune 100 company, and a mere quarter mile from an interstate highway.
Maybe all the heavy metals buried 30 feet deep after WW2, has something to do with it.

Reaction Score
Have said this for years, saw the Giants play the Cowboys on the field behind the bench as there was no wheel chair seating. The experience for my wheel chair bound friend was simply wonderful. Not the best view but Golden Richards and others reached over the ropes to shake his hand as he had a Cowboy banner in his hands all game. I, a Giants fan did what I had to do.

To ask why is almost inviting why not? The young / new generation have been brought up on cell phones as a pacifier. Take away their internet and they are lost in space.
Another great Yale Bowl experience June 14th 1980 , The, Eagles, Heart, and The Little River Band. A concert classic in a stadium that held the sound well.
Good Times. I had both those experience. I went to most of the Giants games at the bowl and concerts there. Was the Cowboy game when it snowed most of the game or was that Minnesota. I went to a concert there in 1979 to see The Beach Boys and Eddie Money with a new girlfriend. Must have went well because 45 years later, we still go to see what is left of the Beach boys when they have a concert

Reaction Score
Good Times. I had both those experience. I went to most of the Giants games at the bowl and concerts there. Was the Cowboy game when it snowed most of the game or was that Minnesota. I went to a concert there in 1979 to see The Beach Boys and Eddie Money with a new girlfriend. Must have went well because 45 years later, we still go to see what is left of the Beach boys when they have a concert
I was at that concert. The Cars were there too.

Reaction Score
I was at that concert. The Cars were there too.
Yes, the Cars had just released their second album Candy O a month earlier. Me and the bride never saw the Cars again, but saw Eddie Money many times again until he passed. The Mike Love Beach Boys still tour with a couple of the original members, We have seen them so many times that if I had the money that I have spent on tickets and put it in the NIL fund Uconn could buy a pretty good player

Reaction Score
I have Verizon service and it's unfathomable why I don't get good data in the stadium that is in the heart of a metro area, flat topography-wise, next to a Fortune 100 company, and a mere quarter mile from an interstate highway.
Maybe all the heavy metals buried 30 feet deep after WW2, has something to do with it.
... or the whole IT infrastructure has aged out (pg 61-62):

" Wireless cellphone coverage for fans around the concourse and bowl is reliant on the existing distributed antenna system (DAS). Currently three providers (Verizon, AT&T, and TMobile) have systems installed. Both Verizon and AT&T have a dedicated headend room at the south side of the tower on the first level Their cabling distribution is comprised of mixed fiber/copper solution. Antennas are placed within the tower, around the second level bowl, around the concourse, and up behind the bowl seating. The T-Mobile DAS does not distribute antennas around the stadium but consists of a microcell antenna on the Main tower"

"The original Cisco W-LAN deployment was upgraded to Ubiquity Unifi 802.11ac in September 2016 with minor expansions in 2017. The primary areas of coverage were some back of house, concessions, and at each concourse gate. The exterior directional APs at the gates were updated in September of 2021. With the access points operating at 5GHz, the overall coverage is limited and spotty in several locations. There is no bowl or concourse WIFI coverage for fans. The fans primarily utilize the stadiums DAS systems for cellular wireless access. Similar college stadiums are seeing an uptick in WIFI demand, and the course of action is typically an increase AP coverage and WIFI throughput. By upgrading the IT network from 1GB to 10GB minimum, replacing the existing WIFI 802.11ac with WIFI 802.11ax, and adding APs throughout the stadium where coverage is needed, the demand for wireless will dramatically increase throughout the stadium. WIFI 6 offers the latest physical and virtual layering as well as WPA3 secured protocol allowing the ultimate WIFI flexibility"

Recommendations...

8. Recommend replacement of Wireless LAN system with the most current industry standard WIFI 6, 802.11ax.

9. Recommend adding Wireless LAN for fan/customers in towers, concourse, parking areas, and in bowl.

Reaction Score
Verizon has gone totally downhill. I used to get nearly full bars at my house. Now I get zero. I also drop calls like it's 2002.

Reaction Score
Verizon has gone totally downhill. I used to get nearly full bars at my house. Now I get zero. I also drop calls like it's 2002.
My wife and sh dt canned Verizon 2 years ago and tried Consumer Cellular. It’s quite a bit cheaper than Verizon or ATT, and we use a wi-fi package from Spectrum. Outside of our property we’ve never had dropped calls, either from wi-if or cell data.

Reaction Score
Have said this for years, saw the Giants play the Cowboys on the field behind the bench as there was no wheel chair seating. The experience for my wheel chair bound friend was simply wonderful. Not the best view but Golden Richards and others reached over the ropes to shake his hand as he had a Cowboy banner in his hands all game. I, a Giants fan did what I had to do.

To ask why is almost inviting why not? The young / new generation have been brought up on cell phones as a pacifier. Take away their internet and they are lost in space.
Another great Yale Bowl experience June 14th 1980 , The, Eagles, Heart, and The Little River Band. A concert classic in a stadium that held the sound well.
I was at the game with my Dad. There was a trick play with Pearson throwing a pass to Richards for a TD. I remember it as being a perfect late fall sunny day. Just a super day for a kid.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what improvements will be made ahead of the 2024 football season? The new scoreboard would be a very welcome update...

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what improvements will be made ahead of the 2024 football season? The new scoreboard would be a very welcome update...
I think I heard the field itself was getting a make over, new plumbing for drainage and new grass, and work was beginning on the stadium roof, but not sure if it will be finished before September.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom