Locked & Loaded? | The Boneyard

Locked & Loaded?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“We’ve played two games in how long? Almost a month it seems,” coach Geno Auriemma said Tuesday following practice at the Werth Center. “It’s unusual that you have to wait this long. I think the break did us a lot of good.”

“We had a really good four-day stretch here of practice,” Collier, a senior, said. “I think everybody came back refreshed and ready to go. We’ve been locked in these four days.”

Wait, there's more.... UConn women ready to get back to game action

“We have some mismatches with them size-wise and how aggressive they are,” guard Katie Lou Samuelson said. “It’s going to be a real test for us. It’s going to show us where we’re at with … can you handle teams that aren’t necessarily the same as us?”

Geno's pre-Baylor talk. Complete with his snack clean up!

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While some BY'ers are concerned about the long layoff for the Huskies, I view the Baylor game as almost a 2nd "opening game" of the season for the Huskies. I would not be surprised if UConn comes out with a level of energy and execution that sets the Bears back on their heels.....or should I say paws.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I have got to say, the positivity and confidence of the BY has me unnerved a bit. If everything goes well like good outside shooting / no foul trouble/ enough transition to give us a few spurts etc, I see us winning but we cannot believe everything will go just the way we like.

I liked the ND situation better where we felt like underdogs and the BY felt that way to,

I will be a mess until the game is over.

Reaction Score
While some BY'ers are concerned about the long layoff for the Huskies, I view the Baylor game as almost a 2nd "opening game" of the season for the Huskies. I would not be surprised if UConn comes out with a level of energy and execution that sets the Bears back on their heels.....or should I say paws.
I believe you are right! Uconn has after winter breaks come out as terrors or rusty as an old nail. With time to practice for a few days before the game the odds are FOR the terror team to arrive.
Geno, has in the past been faced with bigs to contend with USC 2 years ago seemed to be close to this Baylor. He defeated them with speed, quickness, working to keep the ball out of the post. I would expect this to be a repeat of that approach. Yet, paranoid me, I worry.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I believe you are right! Uconn has after winter breaks come out as terrors or rusty as an old nail. With time to practice for a few days before the game the odds are FOR the terror team to arrive.
Geno, has in the past been faced with bigs to contend with USC 2 years ago seemed to be close to this Baylor. He defeated them with speed, quickness, working to keep the ball out of the post. I would expect this to be a repeat of that approach. Yet, paranoid me, I worry.

I suspect you are not paranoid @BroadwayVa and bad people are trying to find you!

Reaction Score
Wishing & hopin...that Olivia gets the opportunity to say "I can block your shot, I can disrupt your pass and yes, I can score on you. Also, I would love to see Touley say through her actions "your not moving me anywhere, I own this spot"!! Yep, it could easily happen.

Reaction Score

That is the game that Gabby Williams carried UConn and basically beat SC by herself. She played all 40 minutes, had 26pts, 14rbs, 4ast, and 4stl,

Reaction Score
Geno gives highly entertaining interviews, but...I dunno on what he was noshing right before the tape started rolling...just wish that henceforth he pospones partaking til the session is “in the can!”

Reaction Score
Geno gives highly entertaining interviews, but...I dunno on what he was noshing right before the tape started rolling...just wish that henceforth he pospones partaking til the session is “in the can!”
Geno is Geno and won't change. After his first Championship and he was on the Ct. Capital Steps being adored; he said (and I cringed): We'll be back here next year. He had the talent and probably the best trained/coordinated team (up til then) in WBB history. They lost the next year!
Geno with hundreds of thousands of adoring fans; will more than often suffer from hoof in the mouth disease. Yet, we hang on his every word as golden as if on tablets from on high.

Reaction Score
Wishing & hopin...that Olivia gets the opportunity to say "I can block your shot, I can disrupt your pass and yes, I can score on you. Also, I would love to see Touley say through her actions "your not moving me anywhere, I own this spot"!! Yep, it could easily happen.
Of the 2 I suspect if Touly is healthy she could fulfill your wishes. She can be intimidating. Olivia (ONO) would need to have acquired a high level of confidence and understanding of how to play the post to make my wishes and yours to come true.

Reaction Score
I believe UConn's shots from outside will fall, and UConn will exploit Brown and Cox by taking it to the basket. Also, UConn's transition game will leave Baylor in the dust.

From your fingers to the Basketball Gods.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Speaking of locked and loaded, I expect a strong 3 months from Guns Dangerfield. She’s a difference maker.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom