Local Minnesota news coverage of "Paige Beucker's Arrival" at the final 4 | The Boneyard

Local Minnesota news coverage of "Paige Beucker's Arrival" at the final 4

Reaction Score
Look like friends and family members arrived at the same time. Love the UConn logo on the busses and on the doors. Wonder who provided the busses? NCAA? UConn? Seemed very well organized with plenty of staff.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I'm sure every team has their own busses for transportation to and from the Target Center, plus any excursions that they may have planned. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that the Target Center was the site of UConns first National Championship. (I missed it if someone already mentioned it.)

Reaction Score
Look like friends and family members arrived at the same time. Love the UConn logo on the busses and on the doors. Wonder who provided the busses? NCAA? UConn? Seemed very well organized with plenty of staff.
NCAA pays for all of it. Guess after the criticism in recent years they've decided to stop treating the women's tourney as second class.

Reaction Score
Just mapped it.
19 1/2 hour drive Storrs to Minneapolis.
If it’s a UCONN bus, it departed right after the end of Monday’s game and was on sight to meet the flight.
Do tutors accompany the team?
I’m guessing yes.

Reaction Score
Just mapped it.
If it’s a UCONN bus, it departed right after the end of Monday’s game and was on sight to meet the flight.
I’m guessing yes.
It's not a UConn bus.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Takes about an hour to print out 'contact paper' colors and logos to cover the buses and probably another hour to install. Bus rental companies are set up to do this kind of make over for all sorts of renters. Costs some money, but not that much.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I'm sure every team has their own busses for transportation to and from the Target Center, plus any excursions that they may have planned. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that the Target Center was the site of UConns first National Championship. (I missed it if someone already mentioned it.)
Not only was it the site of the first championship, it was where UConn had to first get through Stanford before beating a dominant SEC team with a former senior player for the Olympic team turned into acclaimed coach.

Reaction Score
Man, did they drive there apparently? They have multiple branded busses? My how division one sports have changed.... We were lucky to have busses when I was in college!

I can promise you they did not drive from Connecticut. They drove from the airport. When/how the UCONN branded buses got to Minneapolis is a different question. But they plan these things out all year.

Reaction Score
That's because of all the money the NCAA made from the UConn - NCST game.
I believe the only money they make is from the ticket sales, so that money was locked in no matter who UConn played in the elite 8 game.

Reaction Score
That looks like silk screened bus art to me costing at least $10,000. I do see the "van pool" text on the front of the bus though.

Reaction Score
Just mapped it.
I’m guessing yes.
They flew.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I believe the only money they make is from the ticket sales, so that money was locked in no matter who UConn played in the elite 8 game.
Are you saying that they don't get any TV money? My point was if the game was NCST vs anyone else the revenues would have been a lot less. UConn packed the arena and the tickets were not cheap.

Reaction Score
Are you saying that they don't get any TV money? My point was if the game was NCST vs anyone else the revenues would have been a lot less. UConn packed the arena and the tickets were not cheap.
They get TV money but that's part of an overall contract for tourney coverage. In other words no one knows what teams will be in the tourney or what the matchups will be since those contracts are made years in advance and pay out for the tourney as a whole and not individual games. As for the ticket sales in Bridgeport, I don't think it really mattered given how many tickets were already sold to individuals and brokers before the brackets were even revealed. Had UConn not been placed in Bridgeport attendance would have been much lower, but in that case it's the individuals and brokers who bought large blocks of tickets in anticipation of UConn being there that would have been left holding the bag while the NCAA counted its cash.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom