Lobo twee: Nneka out tonight against Texas | The Boneyard

Lobo twee: Nneka out tonight against Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
"Nneka Ogwumike out for tonight's game vs Texas. "Upper body injury"... whatever that means."\\

That's Rebecca's full tweet.

I wonder what the nature and severity of the injury is, but this could be a big story.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
"Nneka Ogwumike out for tonight's game vs Texas. "Upper body injury"... whatever that means."\\

That's Rebecca's full tweet.

I wonder what the nature and severity of the injury is, but this could be a big story.

Wow. Sorry to hear that. Maybe cardfan will stop by and let us know what's going on if she knows.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
If Texas doesn't make a game of it tonight, Gail is in for a long season.

The Stanford team tonight will be minus over half of their points, almost half of their rebounding and assists from last years team.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
no idea. i tried to find out on the STanford board but couldn't find the regular free board. all i could find was the women's premium board and the subject lines pretty much say the same thing "upper body injury". hope she's ok and it's not something like what Tina had that needed some surgery to clean it out and get her to 100%...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I wish this game could be on TV!!
UCONN men are on ESPNU tonite at 7 PM EST - a good chance to see the #1 recruit in the nation Andre Drummond. UCONN men ranked #4 and the women #6. it's rare that the men are ranked higher...

Reaction Score
UCONN men are on ESPNU tonite at 7 PM EST - a good chance to see the #1 recruit in the nation Andre Drummond. UCONN men ranked #4 and the women #6. it's rare that the men are ranked higher...

Pretty sure both the men's and women's teams are ranked 4th in the AP and ESPN polls.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I wish this game could be on TV!!

The Stanford v Texas game is available online for free on the longhorn network. This was posted in another thread. It's a free weekend and it works (I tried it).

But thanks to a tip from a Texas fan, of all people, there is a way (and it doesn’t involve Gametracker). The game is being carried on the Longhorn Network, (something we are hoping to see from the Cardinal Network one of these days). Normally, out West, we wouldn’t get this, but it just so happens the Longhorns are offering a free weekend, starting Friday, just in time for the Stanford-Texas game. Caution, this is still the Longhorn Network dot com, so you are watching on the internet, but still, it should be a TV feed, right? Anyway, just go to the Longhorn Network website at game time to watch live. Now we just need to figure out what time zone. ESPN says 8PM Eastern Time, yet Austin is in Central time, which would mean, let’s see, carry the one, game time 5 PM Stanford time? You do the math, you’re so smart.

LINK

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Where is Cardfan when we need him (or her)?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Sure hope Nneka is able to go and at full capacity against UConn. GG and Texas could use a win over Stanford, even a tainted one, as a great jumpstart to their season, but UConn is in much loftier position in the WBB pecking order vis a vis Texas. Beating a weakened Stanford team on 11/21 would do the Huskies no good whatsoever. As a possible contender in a transitional season, UConn needs to learn its strengths and weaknesses, and the way you do that is by playing other top teams at full strength.

On a tangential note, you want to know why UConn-Tennessee as a game needs to come back? I don't want to see Stanford without Nneka or Baylor without Griner. But I'd enjoy a win over Tennessee no matter who was out for them. Now THAT's a rivalry.

Reaction Score
Where is Cardfan when we need him (or her)?

here. :) (she)

Per Michelle Smith's tweets, Ogwumike injured at practice earlier in week. Participated in shootaround today with no contact. VanDerveer optimistic for return Sunday vs. Gonzaga.

We should hear more on the broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul