Lobo: Step Right Up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lobo: Step Right Up

Reaction Score
Like to interject a point. 100% right all the way around but I think it's an apples and oranges thing.
The local broadcast in general is going to be more knowledgeable regarding the home team. That's their beat and they know the inside scoop. The network (ESPN) is going to be more macro/global/bigger picture. It's most likely going to be more glitzy, better camera angles, graphics, sideline reporters. So, maybe we can appreciate both for what they bring to the table. If not, there's always volume control.
I remember when I was a 7th grader and the Yankees started to get better when Bobby Murcer and Thurman Munson came up around 1970 and they would get to play on the Game of the Week. I was on the edge of my seat waiting to hear what Curt Gowdy had to say about the team. I already knew all the stuff, I just wanted to hear them say it.

Reaction Score
IN the digital age, sound quality has dramatically declined in general. However, R. Lobo is one of my 3 favorite announcers of all time even if she had laryngitis. She is always smart, elegant and insightful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom