Lobbying: our Special Teams have been good all year | The Boneyard

Lobbying: our Special Teams have been good all year

Reaction Score
Rarely have we had anything out of form. We have gotten TDs from superior effort; and no ball handling flubs. Kids appear to know the rules and penalties on Specials have been rare. McFadden is a stud Freshman. I would say the NJ guy Eddie Allen has outshone others.

Reaction Score
Rarely have we had anything out of form. We have gotten TDs from superior effort; and no ball handling flubs. Kids appear to know the rules and penalties on Specials have been rare. McFadden is a stud Freshman. I would say the NJ guy Eddie Allen has outshone others.
Maybe he's the keeper out of the bunch. Guifre can't go fast enough for my liking.

What's Matt Balis doing these days. The work he did with Fatukasi and Levy was impressive. 2 Guys that totally transformed in 1 off season and their play improved on the field as well.

Reaction Score
Maybe he's the keeper out of the bunch. Guifre can't go fast enough for my liking.

What's Matt Balis doing these days. The work he did with Fatukasi and Levy was impressive. 2 Guys that totally transformed in 1 off season and their play improved on the field as well.
He's at Notre Dame...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Special Teams don't matter as much as they used to. Most teams just fair catch everything. You need a reliable kicker and you'll be OK.

Reaction Score
McFadden did a great job punting today and Brewton returned the hell out of the ball! Props to Eddie Allen too

Reaction Score
Special Teams don't matter as much as they used to. Most teams just fair catch everything. You need a reliable kicker and you'll be OK.
Ahem, no attack but special teams scored our only points today. ;) All facets of the game matter JMHO.

Reaction Score
Ahem, no attack but special teams scored our only points today. ;) All facets of the game matter JMHO.
My high school coach hammered that through to us. Offense, Defense, and Special Teams are equally important. Heck, Frank Beamer built a program on awesome special teams

Reaction Score
We looked like rubes on the Clemson fake field goal TD. And Clemson saw something on film to run it up the gut. That said we have been functional on a FBS level on special teams. They are very important and if Allen is the reason he should be given a shot to stay.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
It was the only thing UConn won today.

Reaction Score
Special teams can steal a game or two if the two other phases of the game are solid enough. I don't think we are in a position to roll our noses up about an extra win or two. Keep the special teams coach.

Reaction Score
this notion that Special Teams are less important - for fair catches? - is silly. You have the ability to change momentum and the play of football with extraordinary play. You also have the possibility to go down the toilet with poor play or flubs. We have covered kicks; kicked well all year; not had ball control issues; snaps and holds; and kept development of various young guys stepping forward in the Specials. We have watched 20 years of CFB here and this is a solid year; and Allen also enthusiastically presents himself in social media and recruiting. He has the right background and networking.

no. I am not related.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom