Load up on Big East apparel/memorabilia | The Boneyard

Load up on Big East apparel/memorabilia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Pretty soon this stuff will be "old-school" and "retro," like ABA basketballs.

Taking stock of my stuff and looking for more. Other than the HI5TORY shirt and BET Champs hat/shirt, anyone got any good sources for buying Big East apparel, or UConn stuff with Big East logos on it? I've got an old shirt with all the teams (and us at the top), and some t-shirts from prior BET Championships, but I'd like to get more before this league officially goes the way of the dodo.

Reaction Score
Pretty soon this stuff will be "old-school" and "retro," like ABA basketballs.

Taking stock of my stuff and looking for more. Other than the HI5TORY shirt and BET Champs hat/shirt, anyone got any good sources for buying Big East apparel, or UConn stuff with Big East logos on it? I've got an old shirt with all the teams (and us at the top), and some t-shirts from prior BET Championships, but I'd like to get more before this league officially goes the way of the dodo.
Very sad indeed. Who will ever forget the 1990 "Dream Season" where it all started for our beloved huskies. Just the memories of Chris Smith, Tate George and Nadav Henefeld taking over Madison Square Garden and putting UConn officially on the national map. I am still admittedly in denial. But as the old song goes "Yes its over call it a day sorry that it had to end this way..." I'll enjoy the last couple years of the BE with JC.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There will still be a Big East. It will go back to it's BB roots.

Reaction Score
A league of:

Dayton
DePaul
Georgetown
Marquette
Providence
Seton Hall
St. John's
St. Joe's
Villanova
Xavier

Is a very good basketball conference.
but it will hurt recruiting for the remaining BE hoops schools. Over all though still a good league.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yes, the league may survive in some form, and the remnants may be decent basketball schools. My point is that the Big East as I knew it is gone, whether it includes us or not.

Reaction Score
I disagree- why add TCU if they " knew they were gone"? What conference would think that way- that's just stupid.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I disagree- why add TCU if they " knew they were gone"? What conference would think that way- that's just stupid.

Not quite sure where to begin with this one.

I didn't say "they 'knew they were gone.'" I said the conference that I knew as the Big East is gone. Your experience with the league may be different. The league I knew will no longer exist after this shakes out.

As to what "conferences...think," in my world entities don't think. People do. Or sometimes they don't. Some people in this conference were obviously thinking. Some apparently weren't. Not sure what you're thinking.

My original point really is very basic: The conference in which UConn has played for some three decades is, at a minimum, forever changed. It may very well cease to exist. Whatever the outcome, apparel and memorabilia bearing the logos of the teams in the conference as I knew it are things I am seeking, including UConn apparel bearing the Big East logo. My money says we're not not long for this conference, whether it continues to exist or not.

Time will tell who's been stupid.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This is what I'm talkin' 'bout. Just placed my order from Football Fanatics.
thumb.aspx

thumb.aspx

Reaction Score
Got myself another UConn Football shirt, saying BE Champions! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom