LJ Maz - 2013 Louisville Slugger Pre-Season All-America 1st Team | The Boneyard

LJ Maz - 2013 Louisville Slugger Pre-Season All-America 1st Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very cool. Any expectations how the team is supposed to be this season?
With Ward & Marzi as junior starting pitchers, along with experience @ 2nd, short, and CF, we should be OK. Some promising frosh coming in. Biggest worries are inexperience @ catcher & first.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Very cool. Any expectations how the team is supposed to be this season?
Mazzilli is obviously a leading candidate for position player of the year in the conference. Ferriter returning at the top of the lineup is also a big help. I think Marzi will be the best pitcher in the conference. Having a dominant Ace changes the whole feel of a pitching staff.

A lot depends on development of the non-star players. If we get bumps in production from guys like Yavarone and Testani (I'm fairly high on both in terms of how they will do in the future), it could be a good year.

My gut says they'll be Top 3 in the conference based solely on recent talent levels. I honestly have no idea what other teams are returning - it's hard to keep up with that stuff without actively following each team after the draft.

Reaction Score
Mazzilli is obviously a leading candidate for position player of the year in the conference. Ferriter returning at the top of the lineup is also a big help. I think Marzi will be the best pitcher in the conference.

Batting .500 so far :)

Today:
BigEastConf 12:58pm via TweetDeck
Connecticut 2B L.J. Mazzilli named BIG EAST Preeason Player of the Year; Seton Hall RHP Jon Prosinski Preseason Pitcher of the Year.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Prosinski didn't allow a HR in ~95 innings and had a 3.52 ERA. 1) 0 homeruns allowed is impressive. 2) That ERA is pretty high for allowing 0 HR.

Wish they were playing SHU at home this year so I could see him pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom