Liz in hot water again | The Boneyard

Liz in hot water again

Reaction Score
Only the vaguest of details but if they're talking about dropping her from the roster she must have really, as they say, taken the piss.

Reaction Score
Only the vaguest of details but if they're talking about dropping her from the roster she must have really, as they say, taken the piss.

It's not the first time for Liz, that's who she is, basketball is just a means to an end for Liz. If she had another means to make the money she makes playing, she wouldn't play.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Stuff like this is the reason why Cambage, though undoubtedly a great player, has not lived up to the incredible promise that was so evident as a 20-year-old in London. She could have been the world's most dominant center since Uljana Semjonova.

Reaction Score
She’ll play in the Games, but I think this will be the last one for Liz

Reaction Score
I think we need to look at the mental health aspect more than just it being "bad behaviour". We've seen a lot of great athletes, male and female, struggle only to find out about their mental health challenges afterwards.

While it's fair to say she hasn't reached her potential, I would challenge that she's done great considering what's she's dealing with. None of us are in her position to fully understand.

I'd rather her step away and take care of herself now, instead of learning that she's fallen onto hard times and become homeless like Holdsclaw did for a while or possibly worse. If it tarnishes her "image" to some but she comes out of it healthier, I'm good.

Reaction Score
Probably why she didn't play last year. Hopefully Liz will get the help she needs, and have a better life in the future.

Reaction Score
I wont throw a stone at Liz. We fans wondered just WTH was going on with Holdsclaw before her issues came to light. Cambage has been pretty open about some struggles and maybe hers just take a different form.

It would be wise for her to just stay low for a bit until she is either able to commit or make a decision about her basketball future.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
USA - Australia game starting now on NBC sports. Let's see if they address it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I doubt if Cambage will be part of any other Olympic teams going forward. It appears she crapped, then stepped back in it. :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom