livestock vet? alums today | The Boneyard

livestock vet? alums today

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
A Maryland player wants to be a 'livestock veterinarian' according to Flohoops commentators at the Cancun Classic today. This brought to mind Tierney Lawlor, from the Stewie era, who was an agriculture major, which seems to be unique for a UConn player.

Does anyone know if Tierney entered that field after school?

And in a similar vein, Heather Buck is a nurse and I think I read that Ann Strother is too. Does anyone know if other Huskies alums are now in health professions? I recall that one from the early years -- name eludes me -- became a medical doc.

I'm just curious. Though I assume that some here will say it's none of my business and this is confidential information:(.

Reaction Score
Ms. Lawler is the director of operations at Woodstock Sustainable Farms in Woodstock CT. For you CT folks, might be worth driving out there to say high and buy some sustainable food.

Reaction Score
As an UCONN animal science major myself I can tell you it is harder to get into vet school then med school. I never had vet aspirations but took a similar undergraduate. Two friends I went to school with ended up going to vet school human doctors after not getting into vet school.

Reaction Score
As an UCONN animal science major myself I can tell you it is harder to get into vet school then med school. I never had vet aspirations but took a similar undergraduate. Two friends I went to school with ended up going to vet school human doctors after not getting into vet school.
Well it kind of makes sense because a doctor has to only learn about humans and vets need to learn many different animals, and then another level with exotics.

Reaction Score
Which UConn player had aspirations of becoming a neurologist and Geno said he would know where to go in the future to get his head examined? (or something to that effect)

Reaction Score
Sorry *med school after not getting into vet school.

Reaction Score
Well it kind of makes sense because a doctor has to only learn about humans and vets need to learn many different animals, and then another level with exoti
Mostly because many major university have a medical school. I think something like 200 total. There is only like 30 vet schools. Simply less seats.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom