Liverpool sign Mario Balotelli for 20m euros | The Boneyard

Liverpool sign Mario Balotelli for 20m euros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's not official official yet but it sure seems like it's happening.

Reaction Score
This is the equivalent of the Boston Red Sox getting Manny Ramirez. No one denies that he has the talent to save a team; but he is also enough of a basket case to sink a team, too.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is the equivalent of the Boston Red Sox getting Manny Ramirez.

My first thought was more like the Sox getting Carl Everett. But I don't care. I'm already sick of Sterling blasting no-hope shots while teammates are wide open.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
One head case gone in Suarez and another enters with Balotelli. I think I'd rather have Suarez but that's me. Seems he has proven he can at least perform at the highest level. Never felt we've seen that from Balotelli.

Reaction Score
One head case gone in Suarez and another enters with Balotelli. I think I'd rather have Suarez but that's me. Seems he has proven he can at least perform at the highest level. Never felt we've seen that from Balotelli.

Sure, but Suarez costs 3.5x more and wanted to play in Spain, so not much of a choice.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Trying to decide if he'll be more or less of a threat on the field and off the field. Can't decide. Less on and more off?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Sure, but Suarez costs 3.5x more and wanted to play in Spain, so not much of a choice.
Oh not arguing that. I think the biggest thing is that it seems the media in Spain is nowhere near the level it is in the UK and US. So his craziness might be a little less put in the spotlight. Plus, he's on a team with the likes of Messi and Neymar so he isn't the "man" on Barca like he was on Liverpool.

As a Liverpool fan, which one would you rather have? Serious question.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As a Liverpool fan, which one would you rather have? Serious question.

I would much rather have Suarez, but he's gone. I would much rather have Balotelli than not have him.

Reaction Score
This ownership dealt with Manny, they know what they are in for and feel thy can handle it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
From what I have read, Suarez's head case is pretty much contained to the pitch. I guess he's pretty good in the locker room and off the field. Balotelli on the other hand...?? 24 and on his 4th team. Granted, good teams, but that's a lot of movement.

One head case for another. But if they can keep him under control, it's a good get.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This ownership dealt with Manny, they know what they are in for and feel thy can handle it.

If by "dealt with Manny", you mean they gave him carte blanche I'll agree with you. When he finally had the meltdown, they blamed Francona.

The owners will handle Mario the same way, by keeping their fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
If by "dealt with Manny", you mean they gave him carte blanche I'll agree with you. When he finally had the meltdown, they blamed Francona.

The owners will handle Mario the same way, by keeping their fingers crossed.

I just don't know. Suarez was pretty much the perfect striker for the EPL and fun as hell to watch. Yeah he bit some dudes, but it wasn't even remotely close to Michael Vick or the soccer player who was drunk driving and killed two dudes (but basically got slapped on the wrists).

The problem with this is what Meyers pointed out. His problems are everywhere and I don't think he will be as productive.

Brendan Rodgers however is a modern manager with good emotional intelligence, it will take a manager of his type to manage this guy, so they have that going for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom