Live Virtual Programming: A Night with the UConn Beat Writers | The Boneyard

Live Virtual Programming: A Night with the UConn Beat Writers

Reaction Score
Hi all,

I've been trying to think of a way to generate some newer types of content while we're all stuck inside. Next Tuesday (4/7) at 7 PM I'll be moderating (through my podcast YouTube channel and Facebook) a live and interactive session with the UConn MBB beat writers. We'll have Dom Amore, Dave Borges, Neill Ostrout, and Gavin Keefe on the call to discuss this season and take an early look at the 20-21 season.

You'll be able to stream this live on both The Connecticut Scoreboard Page YouTube page.

YouTube can be found here: Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast (subscribe and you'll get notified when we go live)

Feel free to post/tweet/message me any questions you'd like to ask the panel and I'll get them on the list. Hope you guys can make it. A fun way to take our minds of COVID and back to UConn hoops!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
hi everyone - just wanted to send out a reminder about this tomorrow night. Any questions for the group of beat writers?

Reaction Score
Thanks for putting this together, a few topics I'd be curious to hear about:
1. Predictions for how the transfer market will shake out for us
2. Any intel into what these 'virtual visits' actually consist of
3. Insight into how the players/coaching staff are coping with COVID

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Just noticed this and I'm looking forward to it!

Reaction Score
I messaged them directly to thank them for the program which I enjoyed. FWIW The most surprising thing to me is that the beat writers apparently have never had access to a practice to have a first hand opinion on the potential play of Richie Springs? They were only parroting Hurley's comments to them. By extension, the same must be true with regard to Cole's ability to run the team next year. They didn't even seem to have second hand commentary from other players about the play of Springs or Cole either. The second surprising point is that their knowledge of the team seems limited to the information collected in their formal interviews of players. With regard to Sid Wilson, I would have expected them to infer that they had insight into the issues, that there was nothing major, both parties would benefit from a fresh start, but it was up to Sid or the staff to disclose any details. Instead, they were speculating with no special insight. Except for Vital's level of confidence, their insight seemed limited to what they have written. It seems Hurley holds them farther from the program than I would have expected. Probably not news to many of you, but I assumed they knew things and sort of self censored things that Hurley would want to keep close to the vest.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I messaged them directly to thank them for the program which I enjoyed. FWIW The most surprising thing to me is that the beat writers apparently have never had access to a practice to have a first hand opinion on the potential play of Richie Springs? They were only parroting Hurley's comments to them. By extension, the same must be true with regard to Cole's ability to run the team next year. They didn't even seem to have second hand commentary from other players about the play of Springs or Cole either. The second surprising point is that their knowledge of the team seems limited to the information collected in their formal interviews of players. With regard to Sid Wilson, I would have expected them to infer that they had insight into the issues, that there was nothing major, both parties would benefit from a fresh start, but it was up to Sid or the staff to disclose any details. Instead, they were speculating with no special insight. Except for Vital's level of confidence, their insight seemed limited to what they have written. It seems Hurley holds them farther from the program than I would have expected. Probably not news to many of you, but I assumed they knew things and sort of self censored things that Hurley would want to keep close to the vest.
^ How many of them have or will read this?

Reaction Score
Agreed other than borges having a terrible connection which is not your fault this was very well done and a good listen. If you can get them together more often the stories and different perspectives are interesting to hear for the people who spend the most time with the team outside of the team staff.

Reaction Score
That one USF game, as well as St. Joes were the only W-T-F games that they really should have had. If they could just have those two back, and maybe one of the close AAC losses, of the 6 they lost by single digits, wow, just imagine, 12-6 in the aac and 22-9. They'd be firmly on the bubble or would have been, entering the AACT. Cincy, I can take that loss, even the way it happened. Playing on the road, there is always (well for 99 percent of teams) a piss poor game per season and that was the @ Cincy game.

But only two games this season were really lousy compared to how many the past three seasons? And 15 points is not even a terrible blowout.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very nice job. A nice half hour to spend. That would be great if you could do that maybe once a month during the season.

Too late but I wish I would have asked about what the "distractions internally going into the game" were before the St. Joseph's game. Hurley mentioned it after the game and in his Instagram break down. But nobody ever said what it was and I wonder if the beat writers knew but just didn't write about it. Too bad I didn't think about it before.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom