Live Streaming of White House Visit 2:40 PM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Live Streaming of White House Visit 2:40 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I just like to think of it as grownups in a world full of children! :eek::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Interesting. At the end of the ceremony, as Geno closed his remarks (at 40:12), he said something like, “…we’re going to miss coming down to see
the President, but if you all have been paying attention to what’s going on in the last six or seven months, as time goes by, we are probably going to miss him more than he misses us.”

President Obama Honors the 2016 NCAA Champion UConn Women's Basketball Team

Even just looking at it from the basketball perspective, imagine if UConn wins a championship in the next four years (not an impossible feat ;) ).

Can you imagine President Trump or President Clinton being more engaged with the team and coach than Obama was? I can't...

Reaction Score
Admittedly, he's had 5 earlier times to practice this, but Geno treats everyone the same, even the President of the United States: with appropriate respect, but not awe.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
What a touching video from the oval office. Not to get too political but I'm going to miss him.

The rocking chair gift was someone's stroke of genius, capped by Geno's comment at the presentation that this chair will be a constant reminder to President Obama that "We've always got your back."

WOW, just plain WOW!:)

Reaction Score
Katie Lou looked very elegant, and she has such a beautiful smile. Hope to see Lou and her teammates for the next three years. I don't see either of the candidates being the host that President Obama is and being as smooth and relaxed as he is.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Admittedly, he's had 5 earlier times to practice this, but Geno treats everyone the same, even the President of the United States: with appropriate respect, but not awe.

A perfect lesson in behavior for young people to emulate. The gracious host (President Obama) welcoming the appreciative guest (Geno). Both making remarks that were meaningful and tasteful, with just the right touch of levity. And the lovely Huskies - model of decorum (thanks to their parents and CD).

And BTW, did you notice that the rocking chair was presented in the Oval Office! - with all the furniture and trappings of power of The Leader of The Free World removed for the occasion.

Beyond category indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS