Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Glad to see Katie Lou on two feet again
Screenshot (3).png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There is no support in those impractical shoes!!! Napheesa on the other hand... good choice!

Reaction Score
After watching this presentation any young lady being highly recruited by UConn would have a very difficult time explaining her decision to not want to be a part of something so magnificent.....thank you ladies and coaches............

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The President does a great job at these. He has a practiced nonchalance about him that makes it appropriately formal without being stuffy.

Geno's vaguely political sidebar was risky but done well.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wonderful as usual (though no one fell off the stanchion).
I thought of that when I saw the guys were at the sides.

Reaction Score
CONGRATS!

Gabby is 5' 11 and Kia is 6' standing next to each other..

Reaction Score
Can't help but smile and imagine how those girls feel (felt) having been there with the President of the United States and it's actually multiple times for most of the team. I thought the ceremony, though brief, was quite impressive and Geno was on his game, as always.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Thanks SO much for the link and photo's, VERY enjoyable ceremony.

Reaction Score
Interesting. At the end of the ceremony, as Geno closed his remarks (at 40:12), he said something like, “…we’re going to miss coming down to see
the President, but if you all have been paying attention to what’s going on in the last six or seven months, as time goes by, we are probably going to miss him more than he misses us.”

President Obama Honors the 2016 NCAA Champion UConn Women's Basketball Team

Reaction Score
And I thought they were going to announce it: "Ladies and Gentleman: Coach Geno Auriemma accompanied by Barack Obama...."
Seriously both were in rare form; clearly a lot of good feelings between 2 first generation Americans who have succeeded astonishingly against all odds.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And I thought they were going to announce it: "Ladies and Gentleman: Coach Geno Auriemma accompanied by Barack Obama...."
Seriously both were in rare form; clearly a lot of good feelings between 2 first generation Americans who have succeeded astonishingly against all odds.
Just a correction on this first generation stuff - Geno was born in Italy and is a naturalized US citizen, he is thus a first generation immigrant, and his children are first generation americans - Obama was born in the US and his mother is multigenerational american while his father was a foreigner - he takes his 'generations' from either parent, so is multi-generational as well.

Reaction Score
Just a correction on this first generation stuff - Geno was born in Italy and is a naturalized US citizen, he is thus a first generation immigrant, and his children are first generation americans - Obama was born in the US and his mother is multigenerational american while his father was a foreigner - he takes his 'generations' from either parent, so is multi-generational as well.
Thanks UcMiami. I thought about that, too. But I guess I was thinking of his father--I am not a Trump birther! :)

Reaction Score
Interesting. At the end of the ceremony, as Geno closed his remarks (at 40:12), he said something like, “…we’re going to miss coming down to see
the President, but if you all have been paying attention to what’s going on in the last six or seven months, as time goes by, we are probably going to miss him more than he misses us.”

President Obama Honors the 2016 NCAA Champion UConn Women's Basketball Team
Very interesting. And the reaction of those gathered was also interesting - a standing ovation that seemed more than perfunctory or obligatory. And I believe that Obama was touched...was he wiping a tear from his eye ? Something above and beyond the usual celebration of a sporting accomplishment was momentarily in emotional command of the room. Memorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom