Live Stats U19 Australia vs USA 1:15 Today | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Live Stats U19 Australia vs USA 1:15 Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Stewie doing everything. In the highlight reel, they included her foul, twice. :)

And while the 16 points are the highlight, she had some nice blacks and steals.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Stewart happened. I LOL after her last three.

If this is close to the Stewart we see all season, well......UConn just might be pretty good.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I want to highlight the steal by MoJeff. She runs to grab the ball, headed for the sideline, jumps into the air, turns, does not see an open outlet so she lofts a long pass to go over the head of the Aussie defender, so that it might get tracked down by a USA player who does. Nice instincts.

Reaction Score
UConn will have the 2 best scorers in WCBB next year in KML, Stewie, and you can't double either one with Bria, Stef, and Tuck around.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Stewart happened.

You beat me to it, that's exactly what I was going to say.

Maybe this could be a good tagline.

Sometimes, Stew happens.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Yep. Jefferson is going to be terrific next season, if she develops a consistent outside shot. (She'll be terrific either way, but that would make her one of the best guards in the country)

Reaction Score
Halftime stats of our Huskies:

Stewart: 16 pts, 7 reb (3 or), 1 as, 2 blk
Tuck: 2 pts (1-8), 5 reb
Jefferson: 2 pts, 2 reb, 2 as, 1 stl

Steward was a superstar especially in 2nd quarter. Tuck missed some easy shots she usually makes, but I believe she will bounce back in 2nd half.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wow - Stewie owns the second quarter 14 or her 16 points and I think 6 of her 7 rebounds plus 1 assist and 2 blocks - just immense performance.
And while the USA guards didn't do much, the second quarter defensive pressure was immense getting steal after steal and completely stopping Australia defensively. Australia scored their 20th point at the 5:58 point of Q2 to take a 3 point lead and then did not score another basket and only had a few shots even reach the rim between blocks, steals and turnovers. Jefferson had a beautiful steal going out of bounds and threw an absolutely beautiful lob pass that Jones was able to collect - the only pass she could have thrown that would not have given the ball back to Australia. She also had an amazing leaping deflection of a pass that if completed would have been an easy lay-up.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
With all the USA basketball going on, I have been just focusing on Stewart, Tuck, Jefferson, Hartley and KML.

Dolson is almost an afterthought right now and she will only be the best center in WCBB and a dominating force in the middle.

Such an embarrassment of riches! We are so lucky to get to watch this team next year.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
USA half court offense is not a thing of beauty by the way. Not very good distribution from guards and some really dreadful spacing. A bit to much dribbling by guards and not enough swinging ball side to side.
Oh - and fouls evened out in second Q now 5-9 after having been 1-7 I believe at the end of Q1. I actually thought there were a few body fouls not called in USA favor, but mostly the USA fouls were the result of poor defense and stupid reach-ins.

Reaction Score
I was amused by the camera in Stewart's face on the bench before the start of the 2nd half. Sort of a double take, but in her laid back way. :D

Reaction Score
Stewie may have rebounded and scored, but her biggest part of the run was being at the back of the press, and that's another thing opponents next year need to fear. Not only can she protect the rim, but her quickness stops teams from throwing the ball up the court. The frightening thing for all of WCBB, is she'll only get better at it.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yeah what did Jones do? Lose the handle?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Jones can look so good for a couple of minutes, and then play dumb the next couple of minutes. :) Sorry triadduke.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
These fouls are bizarre. Some ticky-tack stuff, some stuff gone completely uncalled.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
USA getting a lot of hands on the ball.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
One thing Jefferson does very well is make post entry passes. She might be one of the best on the team next year in that regard.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
The announcer pronounces A'ja with a short initial a. Anyone know if this is correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom