Live Stats U19 Australia vs USA 1:15 Today | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Live Stats U19 Australia vs USA 1:15 Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Stewie sits, Aussies cut into the lead, Stewie returns, USA wins quarter.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Moriah has had a couple of brain farts like Jones has had. :)

Reaction Score
Watching the short shot clock and backcourt time limit with these young players has been interesting. UConn is one of the teams that could learn to thrive with such short time limits, but a lot of other teams (outside the top 20-30 or so) wouldn't be able to. Still, I'm glad to see the backcourt violation coming to the NCAA.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Harper will be a good player for Kentucky. Too bad she won't learn how to actually run an offense in her four years there.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't think we see Stewie for rest of game unless Australia continues to mini run they're on. Stewie out of game with 6 minutes left.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
USA half court offense is not a thing of beauty by the way. Not very good distribution from guards and some really dreadful spacing. A bit to much dribbling by guards and not enough swinging ball side to side.

Are you surprised? You throw 12 young women together with a few practices, add in a few preliminary games and now 7 most. Can't expect smooth. I'm just happy with explosive.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Plum was the leading scorer in terms of ppm. Almost one and a half points for every minute she played.

Reaction Score
Stewie is the TRUTH! what is amazing about her is that as impressive her offense is, her defense is even better!

Reaction Score
At least from this game it looks to me the A. Wilson is a 4 or a 5 and not a guard.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So - Uconn well represented in this game:
USA Rebounding leaders:
Stewie: 8
Morgan: 7
MoJeff 5
Harper: 5
Scoring:
Stewie: 23 (50% overall and 60% from 3)
Morgan: 9
4 tied with 6
Assists:
Harper/Jones: 5
MoJeff: 4 (and only 1 TO)
Blocks:
Stewie: 2
3 tied with 1
And while Stewie only got credit for one steal - she had at least three deflections of passes that led directly to another players 'steal'
Stewie led all players with almost 30 minutes, MoJeff second with 27 min, and Tuck, Jones, and Harper all had 23-25 minutes each.

I would say after the first Q the offense flowed better with the three Uconn players on the court together, and when Stewie wasn't playing it got a little ugly at times on both ends.
Wilson had a pretty poor outing - nothing bad, but few positives either. (This comment just based on very high expectations from previous box scores)
Turner after not playing well early came on with some nice offense at the end.
Graves is a nice looking player though she had a quiet game - had a couple of really nice assists.
Coffey was a demon in the pressure defense (led team with 4 steals) in the second quarter but also had some defensive lapses I think.
Plum - hit 2-2 on threes, but also had two dreadful turnovers toward the end and was suspect on defense.
Harper and Jones show real flashes, but also some immaturity I think.
Green - not much to say
Agee - got in late for a few minutes - big with some nice moves, but I think fell behind in the rotation with her earlier injury.

I would say that generally a year of college shows in the way these kids play, and a year at Uconn is better. (Again was impressed by Graves poise as well)
Coaching - I thought Meier did a good job of waking the team up in the second quarter, and thought she called off the pressure too early in the third - USA should and could have extended to 30 from the midway point of Q3 instead Aus got a little life and got it down to 18 just before the end of the Q. Game never in doubt after the half, but ... why give a team hope.
Good win and tomorrow is for Gold. Fun to actually be able to watch the play finally instead of trying to guess based on the P by P. And I enjoyed the announcer - pretty straight forward calling of the action.
Sorry this ended up so long.

Reaction Score
Stewie seems to have recovered nicely from her last game, her only lackluster one in the tournament. Morgan had another great game. So excited for November!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
With all the USA basketball going on, I have been just focusing on Stewart, Tuck, Jefferson, Hartley and KML.

Dolson is almost an afterthought right now and she will only be the best center in WCBB and a dominating force in the middle.

Such an embarrassment of riches! We are so lucky to get to watch this team next year.
It is almost ridiculous. We are our own all star team next year, with enough experience and depth to allow Banks to come back at her own pace, allow Steph less minutes to be sure her shins and feet are healthy for the tournament. Tuck just looks like a total stabilizing influence. When she starts finishing everything she creates - she is also scary scary Good. Mo Jef is awesome- we can't be splitting hairs. L Harper and Alexis Jones are also great!!! Brianna Turner is going to be an absolute force-

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Stewie seems to have recovered nicely from her last game, her only lackluster one in the tournament. Morgan had another great game. So excited for November!
Kind of an off shooting day for Morgan, and there are some who will point to that and say she was ineffective. Or how UCONN players never met a shot they didn't like... Of course, they did not watch the game and see how she impacted it in other areas. There's a reason she was chosen team captain by her peers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom