Live/Free stream of FIBA U-16 games starts Thursday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Live/Free stream of FIBA U-16 games starts Thursday

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It would be great if at least one of the remaining teams was decent enough to give the USA some competition...I guess Argentina and/or Canada are the likely contenders...so far the USA is simply too fast, too big and too skilled
More than true. Yet, you can only play what put in front of you. It would be nice if this were a world championship event and those better Euro teams were involved. This will be good experience for these players when/if that finally occurs.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This team misses a lot of outside shots

They shooting 41% from three. Only one other team is close to that number.

Needs to work on her defense since she consistently gets beaten off the dribble.

What?

Bueckers is the best passer on the team though Brunelle is very good for her size and position.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
They shooting 41% from three. Only one other team is close to that number.

What?

Bueckers is the best passer on the team though Brunelle is very good for her size and position.
You're right and I was wrong. .465 ain't bad, although Sam leads the team in assists. And it's Horston, not Boston that misses in close so much.

Reaction Score
You're right and I was wrong. .465 ain't bad, although Sam leads the team in assists. And it's Horston, not Boston that misses in close so much.

Horston may have had her share but I counted at least 9 yes 9 missed layups from Boston yesterday and she probably had 5 or 6 the day before........she rushes her shot and her body positioning and footwork after an offensive rebound are a mess..........the good news is that it's totally fixable if she puts in the time which I'm sure she will..........

Reaction Score
Friday's game vs Puerto Rico under way. Midway through the 2nd period it's 23-7 USA. Boston with 10 pts (3-4 fg's 4-4 ft's.) and 6 rbs. USA shooting 27%. 7-20 from 2, 1-10 from 3. USA doing a better job on defense as PR has committed many many shot clock violations.

Reaction Score
At halftime it's USA 35 Puerto Rico 15

Boston with 14 pts (5-6 fg's) and 8 rb's. Most of her points were off of other's missed shots.

Neither team can shoot today and there must have been at least 15 tie-ups on the floor.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised at Brunelle's inability to make layups. Boston impresses me much more.

Reaction Score
this is one ugly game..........the US is all over the place.........give credit to Puerto Rico they are playing pretty good defense and are contesting every shot..........I think many of the USA players have hit a wall.............they could clearly use a break after this game and are fortunate they aren't playing a better team today..........Boston having another solid game..........is shooting facing the basket which accounts for her higher percentage so far

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
This is the hardest game to watch so far. So many missed layups and bad passes. Forced passes and did I mention missed layups.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Bueckers, Watson and Boston impressed me with their court awareness and anticipation. Plus Bueckers actually hit some layups. Re: some of the missed layups, I felt like passing my tip "pause....2, 3" go.
Will dial back to see a semi-final and see how we do against next round of competition.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised at Brunelle's inability to make layups. Boston impresses me much more.

Did u ever play and miss a few easy ones??

The girl is such a fantastic shooter I wouldn't be so hard off a bad half.

Reaction Score
Of course I like Fran, after not having an impact in the 1st game, she showed flashes of what she can become in games 2 and 3. She has some very large hands and a giant wingspan, she looks like she could be similar to the Ogwumike sisters.

Reaction Score
Of course I like Fran, after not having an impact in the 1st game, she showed flashes of what she can become in games 2 and 3. She has some very large hands and a giant wingspan, she looks like she could be similar to the Ogwumike sisters.

I was skeptical of her choice as a member of the team but the more I watch the more I understand she's could be (with proper coaching) a dominating player at both ends of the floor.........considering how inexperienced she is, she has held her own...........she would probably drive Geno crazy because as he would say "she doesn't know what she doesn't know so she just does it any way"..........

Reaction Score
My favorite player on the team. Her game screams UConn!

My goodness she missed a couple of shots and even mad a bad pass......of course a minute later she scored on a beautiful drive, threw a superb long pass for an assist and had two steals...........even with limited minutes her stats seem to read 12-15 points 3-5 rebounds, 3-5 assists and 3-5 steals............I believe her uniform should have a tag on it that says "Future UConn Property Stay Off"

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
My goodness she missed a couple of shots and even mad a bad pass.of course a minute later she scored on a beautiful drive, threw a superb long pass for an assist and had two steals......even with limited minutes her stats seem to read 12-15 points 3-5 rebounds, 3-5 assists and 3-5 steals..I believe her uniform should have a tag on it that says "Future UConn Property Stay Off"

Watch the PR possession with under a minute to go for an idea of her IQ and concentration. Up almost 50 and she's watching the potential passing target close enough to know to jump the lane she isn't even guarding for the steal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom