Liv, CW and Mom declare for WNBA draft... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Liv, CW and Mom declare for WNBA draft...

sun

Reaction Score
The issue is not whether they wii be drafted, but whether all three will make a roster.
Even if they don't all make a roster, they can still be called upon later during the season to replace the injured.

Reaction Score
I suspect all will be drafted but may not make rosters. However, they all have their own gifts and could fill needs for a specific team. I've been wrong before on WNBA success and felt some who would be successful never made it, and vice versa.

EW's health has no doubt impacted her ceiling. CW just hasn't been consistent and ONO never showed she was a consistent mid range threat or had enough physical ability to bang around. All three were great college players who may have productive professional careers but WNBA roster spots are tough to get and keep.

Reaction Score
Would have liked to see Liv stay for another year, she seems to need more time getting ready for the pros, and UCONN could use her height!

Reaction Score
Would have liked to see Liv stay for another year, she seems to need more time getting ready for the pros, and UCONN could use her height!
I don’t think ONO has changed as considerably over the course of college as successful UConn > WNBA players of years past. I think she is what she is, and what she is is a skilled, but not dominant, facilitating forward with good defensive instincts and a tendency to foul. There’s a place for this profile in the league; it’s a matter of whether she finds it.

I’m not saying UConn couldn’t have used her services for another year but your frontcourt should already be five deep next season and I don’t think she’d exit this time next year much differently than she is now.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I think Christyn is a lock to make a roster and I'd be surprised if Olivia doesn't -- as others have said, the combination of shot-blocking and passing is unusual in a big. If she wants to stay in the league for more than a year or two, she'll need to develop a reliable jumper, as I see her as more a 4 than a 5 in the W.

I think Evina can be the most valuable of the three if she is drafted by the right team and she can stay healthy. She's steady and will do whatever her team needs.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
While the whole party process of being a draft invitee is nice, in these times it is also nice to either have a big party in your hometown or have some family join you and your teammates at school.

How nice of Makurat's team to showcase her in her last game before the Draft:

The real situation is that they have not had any end to issues with fielding their full roster. Stella Johnson got injured for the season early on then Anna missed a ton of time. They lost Borislava Hristova during the playoffs and with only bronze medals at stake, did not play Stephanie Jones either.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Christyn training with Steven Johnson of NODAT Training yesterday wearing an everybody eats tee shirt.
She has quite a scar from nerve surgery on her left forearm. I've never seen the scar before because it's always covered up with black tape.

That's a tattoo, not a scar, which is why it was covered.

It says "Always Give God the Glory," and she had it done before she came to UConn.

Last edited:

sun

Reaction Score
That's a tattoo, not a scar, which is why it was covered.

It says "Always Give God the Glory," and she had it done before she came to UConn.
Thank you. I didn't realize that when I posted, and since deleted the post.

Christyn shows her surgical scar in this video as the 12 second mark.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom