Little things . . . | The Boneyard

Little things . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
. . . Make a difference. The "adult pool" at the Hyatt Coconut Point is basically a lap pool. Over the past couple of days, I have seen three injured players doing rehab under the care of trainers or strength/conditioning coaches.

One, from an ACC school, was told to walk laps while her trainer sat on a chaise and enjoyed a beverage. Another, from an SEC school, was closely supervised by a trainer on the pool deck. The third, from an AAC university close to our hearts, worked out with her coach -- literally.

The two of them were in the water together and the coach did every lap, every exercise and every bit of conditioning that her athlete did. There was lots of encouragement, some verbal challenging, some fun but it was a very hands on workout.

I suppose it's no big deal in the grand scheme of things but it struck me that out players must get a subtle message about how their leaders are truly invested in their well being, especially when injured.

Get well soon, Courtney!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
That is a great post/observation! Thks for sharing. beats arguing/ discussing everyone's height!!! :)

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
If you tell us how tall they were we can guess who they are... I swear.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Amanda Kimball keeps a low profile, but she is amazing...she keeps them fit and on the floor after Rosemary patches them up.

Reaction Score
That's a great story that confirms the total package that is UConn WCBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom