OT: - Little League sportsmanship on display...bigtime | The Boneyard

OT: Little League sportsmanship on display...bigtime

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score

I happened to see this live...great moment initiated by batter who had been plunked in the head.

Note: after the group meeting on the mound the pitcher was in fact removed by his manager...still
thought to be too upset to continue.

If you want to see the incident, hit the red letter link in the article [pictwitter]

Reaction Score
I've seen this clip a few times. What a great gesture from the batter, so rare to see these days.

I am surprised the batter's coach left him in the game, kid took a really hard hit to the helmet from that pitch. When I first saw the video I was surprised he was able to get up & take his base.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My kid got plunked right in the head in Little League and went down hard. Mostly, he was just startled and the helmet absorbed the bulk of the impact. The kid who threw it, was absolutely devastated. He came off the field and my son had to go up to him and tell him he was all right. You forget that these are young kids, and that they really feel bad when one gets away from them.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I've seen this clip a few times. What a great gesture from the batter, so rare to see these days.

I am surprised the batter's coach left him in the game, kid took a really hard hit to the helmet from that pitch. When I first saw the video I was surprised he was able to get up & take his base.
From the clip I saw it looked like as he ducked stepped back the ball actually hit his brim (for the most part) and knocked the helmet off. It didn't hit square on his helmet/head. Luckily.

Reaction Score
From the clip I saw it looked like as he ducked stepped back the ball actually hit his brim (for the most part) and knocked the helmet off. It didn't hit square on his helmet/head. Luckily.

Yes but did you see him fall down at the plate? It sure looked like a hard hit to me judging by the speed at which he dropped & him clutching his head, plus he didn't get up right away.

Not that I'm complaining, thankfully he wasn't seriously injured.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes but did you see him fall down at the plate? It sure looked like a hard hit to me judging by the speed at which he dropped & him clutching his head, plus he didn't get up right away.

Not that I'm complaining, thankfully he wasn't seriously injured.
To me it was like the difference between getting slapped upside the head and taking a fist punch to the temple. Still gonna hurt, but won't do as much brain damage.

Most leagues, at least for kids have concussion protocols. I would think something with the visibility of Little League World Series would???? I hope anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom