little different perspective on the game | The Boneyard

little different perspective on the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAmerRedHeads

Barnstorming America author
Reaction Score
I am very disappointed we lost the game.

Yet I saw a bright spot that is even bigger imo.

CBS, national tv. 2 games. for the nation, it was 2 great games to watch. Purdue and Nebraska going to overtime again with a 3 pointer tying it with less than 3 seconds to go in regulation.

UConn being able to win with a 3 on the last shot of the game.

For the game itself, yesterday was a winner for womens basketball. I dont know if it will increase viewers or fans, but people I work with even called me afterwards and said how they love those kind of games, even it is was a loss for UConn.

I hope there are more great weekends where wcbb can be showcased on national tv with such great games for the nation to be able to turn into and watch like yesterday.

Travel. I see that being brought up in some threads and the effect it has on players. Maybe it does have some effect, but a few days later to players of this age with their physical ability and mental attitudes, is no excuse in my book.

It is what it is, part of the game.

exactly 41 years ago today, some friends of mine were playing Pineville La. They were attempting to win their 97th game in 97 days. They traveled a measly 195 miles by car from the night before at a game over in Texas where they won their 96th game 77-59.

They would lose 74-69, ending an amazing streak by any standards.

I think fatigue did play a part in this. They traveled, by car, over 600 miles to get from their 95 win in Georgia over to 96 in Texas. They were drained from the travel, but mentally still stayed sharp enough because they knew the travel wiped them out. They went on adrenillan.

However, the next day was a letup in travel and they were mentally and physically spent.

It kind of sucked because they may have won 100 in a row as they did win another 14 in a row before losing again.

Its just a part of the game. Luckily, in todays world, travel by plane, either commercial or charter surely beats by car or bus on a long trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom