Little Article on Walker & Changing | The Boneyard

Little Article on Walker & Changing

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The freshman thing - conditioning and foot speed - and hopefully change.

UConn expecting Walker to make strides next season

1024x1024.jpg

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is great stuff, really! I do hope/expect to see a big jump in what Meg can do. I think her confidence in being on the court will be much higher, and hopefully having shed most of the bad habits she may have had in high school, she will be able to play the game without needing to "think" as much. I think that's what the players mean when they say the game is so much faster for them than in high school, or at least that's part of it...

This offseason, Dangerfield has passed on much of what she learned to Megan Walker. Like her protégé in the backcourt, Walker didn’t adapt to the college game as fast as she would’ve hoped following a stellar career at Monacan High School in Virginia. Like Dangerfield, the Naismith National High School Player of the Year and consensus No. 1-ranked recruit found the game to be moving faster than her feet.

“That’s a good way to put it,” said Walker, adding that getting up to speed with her conditioning was the toughest adjustment. “Time went by super quick. It was over before you knew it. I’m just taking all the things I learned last year and using it to my advantage this year
.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom