List of top 15 coaches salaries | The Boneyard

List of top 15 coaches salaries

Reaction Score
This should make it a little easier.

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 16.26.10.png

Reaction Score
Ed Cooley is getting a stupid amount of money for how middling of a coach he is. 3.8 million is too much, and he's getting 5-6 million if rumor is true. Well played by him, honestly. However scummy it was.

I'd expect a contract renegotiation with Hurley. I think 4 million seems fair. He doesn't deserve Bill Self money, but he's gotten over the post-season hump and put together a top-10 team. That's worth a pay raise.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jesus can you imagine paying Ed Cooley $6M per - good god for a school that prides itself on it's intellectually superiority that's spectacularly dumb spend.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Cooley is getting about $5M a year apparently.

Imagine that.

How much money did Kevin Ollie make Ed Cooley by throwing us off a cliff and letting Cooley have New England for a few years? It’s gotta be $40-$50M.

Reaction Score
Ed Cooley is getting a stupid amount of money for how middling of a coach he is. 3.8 million is too much, and he's getting 5-6 million if rumor is true. Well played by him, honestly. However scummy it was.

I'd expect a contract renegotiation with Hurley. I think 4 million seems fair. He doesn't deserve Bill Self money, but he's gotten over the post-season hump and put together a top-10 team. That's worth a pay raise.
Wait a couple more weeks and who knows :)

xclamations

Best nicknamer, moniker giver
Reaction Score
Wow was he overpaid. He did PC so dirty for this. Never liked him tbh, good coach.
But he always seemed to have some backhanded hatery stuff to say about UCONN.
What's that old saying?
When the going gets tough...
Stay in the same league & leave your,
"Dream school" :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
There will be something nominal for the head coach’s salary because that’s the norm, but there are other opportunities, like expanding the assistants’ salary pool, that will benefit everybody. You’re not going to keep guys like Kimani and Luke forever, but make it be a tougher decision for them and the guys coming after.

Reaction Score
can you imagine paying Ed Cooley $6M per - good god for a school that prides itself on it's intellectually superiority that's spectacularly dumb spend.
Just depends upon how you look at it I guess. If you're Ronnie Thompson and want to continue to control the program as much as possible, it's a bargain.

If you're trying to win at an elite level in college bball, it's probably real dumb.

Who knows, maybe Georgetown will go so hard on NIL that Cooley can pull some Kentucky level classes and actually win something.

Reaction Score
Literally half the posters on this board were telling everyone how Cooley coached circles around Hurley after we lost to them at PC in one of the worst officiated games I’ve ever witnessed in my life. We then beat the snot out of them not once but twice and now everyone realizes Hurley is a much better coach. In no real world has Cooley earned the right to make more $$ than Hurley. He’s like that person you watch climb the corporate ladder by backstabbing everyone behind the scenes and then you’re saying “how the hell did that guy get that job?”.

Reaction Score
I know it's Kentucky blah,blah, blah...
But was has Calapari done in the tournament?

4 Final Fours + 1 NC at Kentucky, 1 Final Four at Memohis, 1 Final Four at UMass for a total of 6 Final Fours.

But TBH, he hasn’t done much lately.

Reaction Score
4 Final Fours + 1 NC at Kentucky, 1 Final Four at Memohis, 1 Final Four at UMass for a total of 6 Final Fours.

But TBH, he hasn’t done much lately.
I thought UMess and Memphis were vacated for cheating.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom