list of bad MOJO | Page 2 | The Boneyard

list of bad MOJO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
New here, but I'm going to throw out the biggest "bad mojo" of the night. During half-time (when they were already down 2) UConn had all the students move in towards the center of the student section and fill every seat so they could do something to celebrate the 100th. I think they wanted the students to hold up signs or something. Really really bad mojo right there.

Reaction Score
What I demand to know is where Maya was in all this. I realize her eligibility is up but at the very least she could have swooped in from Spain and given KML an old UConn 23. Crisis, bad mojo averted; 100th celebration celebrated; all well in UConnland.

Reaction Score
It could have been me. Normally in tight games, I can't watch it on TV, I come in here and follow it on the computer. This game, I stayed glued to the TV. WRONG thing to do!

In all seriousness, there was WAY too much talk by the media and assumptions that this would be the 100th win -- NEVER assume; and even if you do, NEVER announce it!

They should schedule cupcakes for Senior Night. Or, choose a night when playing a cupcake if the schedule is already made. A few years ago, St.John's would have been an easy win, but they have improved year by year up to what we witnessed last night. I always wished success for this team BUT NOT AGAINST US!!!

Reaction Score
Bad mojo - instead of watching the game from my lucky chair wearing my UConn hoodie and lucky socks, I watched it from a gurney in the ER at Hartford Hospital wearing a medical gown with an IV drip in my arm. :(

Reaction Score
Bad mojo - instead of watching the game from my lucky chair wearing my UConn hoodie and lucky socks, I watched it from a gurney in the ER at Hartford Hospital wearing a medical gown with an IV drip in my arm. :(

Hope you are feeling better today than I'm guessing the team is!

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Wow, IV's, sideswiped by trucks...blood on the jersey, teeth knocked out, what an amazing thread....We shoulda lost by 20.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Who was it? A few days ago, right here on this very Boneyard! Husky Nan?

Posted a comment about how Barnes-Errico doesn't get enough credit or recoognition for good coaching.

THAT DID IT!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That is seriously bad mojo. Hope everything is ok.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Wow, IV's, sideswiped by trucks...blood on the jersey, teeth knocked out, what an amazing thread....We shoulda lost by 20.
And that shows you how good this team really is. They almost pulled it out.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Come on, I'm clearly responsible for that inane thread babbling about ND's loss to WVU and how UConn never loses games like that anymore.

No but seriously, props to St John's. They didn't play a perfect game, but they played their game on offense and defense, and UConn couldn't totally stop them from doing so. And they hit a clutch three at the end.

The fact that a game like this HASN'T happened in more than seven years is nothing short of miraculous. But, as much as it sucks as a UConn fan, it was great for WBB. I loved every second of that game except for the result. Sucks for Tiff, but she had the opportunity to take charge of matters and didn't.

UConn has suffered defeats like this and gone on to win NCs. Of course, we had Diana on those teams, and we don't now.

In any event, the sun continues to shne brightly on the UConn WBB program, whether this is our year or not.

Reaction Score
Senior nights always have a tendency to disrupt the home teams focus. I have seen it happen too often for it to be only a coincidence.

Tara switched Sr. Day celebrations to post game a few yrs ago. I don't think Stanford ever lost a Sr. Day game, but Tara joked about the players crying before the game and she didn't want them crying harder if they lost. No doubt Tara and Stanford fans will be crying that this is Nneka's Sr. year.

Reaction Score
Hope you are feeling better today than I'm guessing the team is!

I'm pretty sure I am - did I mention the 5mg of morphine they pushed through the IV - twice?

A funny thing happened. As the game was ending, I was still in the hospital room waiting to finally be checked out, and just as that 3-pointer went in I let out a loud "Aaarrrggg!!!". One of the doctors came running into the room asking what's wrong? My husband just nodded toward the TV, shrugged his shoulders and said "it's the game."

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure I am - did I mention the 5mg of morphine they pushed through the IV - twice?

A funny thing happened. As the game was ending, I was still in the hospital room waiting to finally be checked out, and just as that 3-pointer went in I let out a loud "Aaarrrggg!!!". One of the doctors came running into the room asking what's wrong? My husband just nodded toward the TV, shrugged his shoulders and said "it's the game."
Love it, now that's a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle