Links to USABasketball....WUG/19U tryouts | The Boneyard

Links to USABasketball....WUG/19U tryouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
http://www.usabasketball.com/womens/worlduniversity/

The above link is to the main World University Games tryouts. Good luck to KML and Bria...nice picture of both of them. Tryouts start today....end Sunday....hopefully someone will post the selections immediately.

http://www.usabasketball.com/womens/u19/

This link is to the main 19U page...same dates. Good luck to Breanna, Morgan and MoJeff.
34 kids for 12 spots? Yikes!

I'm guessing that each team will have 15 kids come Sunday....allowing some flexibility for USABasketball when they reconvene regarding possible injuries....12 to be the final number.

Would not be terribly surprised if Seven-One got bumped to the older WUG team...depending on need.

KML and Odyssey Sims look like locks for the WUG team. Frankly I would take Breanna over any of the other candidates for this team.

Go Huskies! Bring back the gold!

Reaction Score
Hi Blakeon...
The WUG are loaded with stars. Isn't the head coach Sherri Coale from OU. I guess that means that Vegas is a lock, eh !

Isn't the LPGA Tournament in Mobile, Al this week.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Mobile it is. Coale is the coach....Brian DiGeorgis [Marist] is an assistant.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
BTW: at the 19U trials A'ja Wilson [the rising senior stud from South Carolina] is there.
She is the youngest player at the site....pretty impressive to just be invited. Wonder if our three kids might strike up a conversation with A'ja once in a while?

I don't know if there still is mutual interest but second youngest is Brianna Turner from Texas.

Reactions: HGN

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
BTW: at the 19U trials A'ja Wilson [the rising senior stud from South Carolina] is there.
She is the youngest player at the site....pretty impressive to just be invited. Wonder if our three kids might strike up a conversation with A'ja once in a while?

I don't know if there still is mutual interest but second youngest is Brianna Turner from Texas.
I will can't figure out what happened with Turner. No one seems to know for sure why we stopped recruiting her - or why the interest waned. Maybe it was on her part... Still good luck to all the kids.

HGN

Reaction Score

I would hope that the girls 'bump' into Wilson and/or Turner in the cafeteria and strike up a little conversation. Maybe Turner and MoJeff (since both are from Texas). Would love to get both Wilson and Turner. But I won't be greedy. I would settle for one or the other........Whoever verbals first.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I would hope that the girls 'bump' into Wilson and/or Turner in the cafeteria and strike up a little conversation. Maybe Turner and MoJeff (since both are from Texas). Would love to get both Wilson and Turner. But I won't be greedy. I would settle for one or the other........Whoever verbals first.
By all accounts, Turner is not high on UCONN's radar, and vice versa. We may still be listed in her top 5, or whatever, but the impression and perception is her interest in UCONN has waned as much as UCONN's interest in pursuing her has...

Reaction Score
Wondering why McBride or Loyds not on any Rosters?! Im pretty sure they were offered.

Reaction Score
Wondering why McBride or Loyds not on any Rosters?! Im pretty sure they were offered.
I read somewhere that ND is taking some Europe trip(???) or something this summer

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I read somewhere that ND is taking some Europe trip(???) or something this summer

See this for a mention of the Tour. When UConn went to Italy, some players had to turn down invitations to USA events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom