Link: "UConn to ACC would be death knell..." | The Boneyard

Link: "UConn to ACC would be death knell..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope and there is good possibility that uconn lands in the acc now to remain in a powerful conference. The biggest loser out of this besides the big east is tcu lol. They basically came in adding credibility to big east football and now two top tier big east teams leave with uconn and rutgers possibly and wvu and nd maybe looking elsewhere. what will happen to them?

Reaction Score
I hope and there is good possibility that uconn lands in the acc now to remain in a powerful conference. The biggest loser out of this besides the big east is tcu lol. They basically came in adding credibility to big east football and now two top tier big east teams leave with uconn and rutgers possibly and wvu and nd maybe looking elsewhere. what will happen to them?
TCU has said they will not be joining the BE. One rumor would have WVA going to the SEC which would be great for them because I doubt the ACC would take them because of their academic standing. ND could go on as they are in the BE for all sports except football. Rutgers may be at least as attractive as Uconn because of the NY market even though NY sucks as a college market.

Reaction Score
SaraPitt leaving was the death knell.

UConn/WVU/RU leaving is inevitable.

Sucks to be USF/Louisville right now. Maybe they can join what's left of the Big 12 with TCU and Houston.

Reaction Score

TCU will be better off in the end. They would have taken a Big12 invite over the BE, and in the end they'll get a Big12 invite. No need to feel bad at all.

Reaction Score
Danzz - where did you read that TCU stated that they would not be joining the BE? All the quotes from their AD and Pres. have to do with changes and the craziness of all this, nothing definitive.

Reaction Score
TCU will be better off in the end. They would have taken a Big12 invite over the BE, and in the end they'll get a Big12 invite. No need to feel bad at all.

Unless what's left of the B12 joins what's left of the BE.

Reaction Score
When have we been portrayed as the good guys EVER in the last ten years. Haters are gonna hate.

Reaction Score
At this point, nobody in their right mind should blame us for bailing on this sinking ship. The forces at work have made it all about survival and taken conference loyalty out of the equation.

Reaction Score
I still don't get why people link to Bleacher Report articles. Anyone who is intelligent enough to create a user name and password can post content. It's not credible in any sense of the word and frankly not even worth paying attention to.

Reaction Score
Its only a matter of time, but UConn will be out of the BE.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
It is galling to me that we'll have to move to the ACC. Swofford is an incompetent charlatan, IMO, and to be happy to be reunited with the sleezebags from BC and Shalalaland would make me feel greasy enough to take multiple showers. However, since it looks like the most likely scenario, I shall prepare for the shower.

Reaction Score
I want the Big Ten, better academics, better for football, easier to dominate in basketball.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
No, the ACC is a marginal football conference, the league is top heavy in basketball and the poaching in 2003 was a net neutral at best. Those moves simply have not done what they were designed to do which lessens the value of the TV contracts already in place.

Reaction Score
Where ever Uconn goes is out of our hands. My only issue with going to the ACC is that we'll have to listen to the ranting and raving of Dickie V every game, I'm so tired of his PTP'ER, or Diaper Dandy and most of all Babyyyyyyyyy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Where ever Uconn goes is out of our hands. My only issue with going to the ACC is that we'll have to listen to the ranting and raving of Dickie V every game, I'm so tired of his PTP'ER, or Diaper Dandy and most of all Babyyyyyyyyy.

Vitale will be dead soon. They are already propping him up with a stick and scotch tape. I intend zero mean spirited-ness with this comment, but in light of the Dave Gavitt news, it is apropos.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I still don't get why people link to Bleacher Report articles. Anyone who is intelligent enough to create a user name and password can post content. It's not credible in any sense of the word and frankly not even worth paying attention to.

I'm not even certain that this a requirement. It feels as if writers submit their articles scrawled longhand on used napkins, and a third party simply transcribes them for the site.

Reaction Score
I want the Big Ten, better academics, better for football, easier to dominate in basketball.
I'd prefer the Big 10 vs the ACC, at least it wouldn't seem like we're 'begging' to get into the tobacco road conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom