Link for David Benedict Introductory Press Conference | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Link for David Benedict Introductory Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Maybe it was just me trying to find any reason to be hopeful, but while watching that presser I kept getting the feeling that he knows something is up conference-related. I don't think anyone has told him anything is set in stone but I think he's been told we are in very good shape to be moving.

However, the last time I tried gleaning any info on our movement from a presser, Mike Aresco was extolling Louisville and not mentioning us when Tulane was invited to the American.

Reaction Score
Maybe it was just me trying to find any reason to be hopeful, but while watching that presser I kept getting the feeling that he knows something is up conference-related. I don't think anyone has told him anything is set in stone but I think he's been told we are in very good shape to be moving.
I agree...the body language and facial expressions kind of hinted at that. His answer to Jeff Jacobs's question did as well.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Without a doubt, he answered every question(The entire THREE of them) very cautiously. At one point I think he glanced at Herbst perhaps unsure of how much he could give away. I just wish one of those useless CT media people would have asked him for a specific answer on CR.
There is not one single doubt in my mind that he, President Herbst, or Ray Allen were prepared to answer P-5 or money related questions.

Heck, Ray probably told him to work on his clichés.

The best of all time:
"A good friend of mine used to say, "This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while."

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Lame CT press for sure. But I think they knew he wasn't going to give away any info on CR.

My take, he knows a lot more than any of us and certainly the CT press.

Reaction Score
Hope he didn't overprepare for that. 3 questions and time to get to work! Gave him more time to stop by the practice facilities and meet the teams and make a few important phone calls during lunch I guess.

My thoughts are I like him. He comes with the right background, a good family man, appreciative of his past relationships and he's young and presents himself well. He's not cashing it in at the end of his career and appears to be the polar opposite personality-wise from a guy like Emmert. A lot rides on CR but he can't control all of that so not saying too much is best for now.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
@MattMang23 of all the CR theories and craziness the past few years the presser with Aresco talking up Louisville and not even mentioning us that presser made me think we were in for sure.

Me too. That was before Louisville and the ACC learned how to erase pen marks with pencil eraser, I guess.

Reaction Score
20-minute presser? Sheesh the media can't find questions to ask this guy?
After reading the thread I come back to this as the most important. 20 minutes presser is code for 20 minutes until the invite

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lame CT press for sure. But I think they knew he wasn't going to give away any info on CR.

My take, he knows a lot more than any of us and certainly the CT press.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Or does he?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think I am officially old. I looked at that picture of Benedict and thought to myself.."Huh, he looks awfully young". When a middle aged, balding, chubby guy looks young to you I think you are definitely, officially old.
At the risk of being unintentionally disparaging to one of the most successful (Certainly top 12 ;)) AD's in school history, Mr. Manuel was only slightly older (49, I believe vs. 44), balder, and quite a bit larger. He must have looked like a teenager.:D

Reaction Score
Not sure what else they should've asked him. They hammered on a P5 invite a few times, saw that's probably all they're going to get out of him...so, good enough.

Reaction Score
Not sure what else they should've asked him. They hammered on a P5 invite a few times, saw that's probably all they're going to get out of him...so, good enough.
Facilities improvements, XL contract, new hockey arena/renovation, new donation streams, etc. Of course he's not going to answer all of them specifically, but it's best to throw questions out there at a new guy rather than ask three and get nothing.

Reaction Score
Without a doubt, he answered every question(The entire THREE of them) very cautiously. At one point I think he glanced at Herbst perhaps unsure of how much he could give away. I just wish one of those useless CT media people would have asked him for a specific answer on CR.
He would not have been able to answer the most specific of questions. He handled himself perfectly. The questions were limited because the press knew that they would not be getting the answers that they were seeking. I think he did a perfect job and will be a great addition to the UConn family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom