Link for David Benedict Introductory Press Conference | The Boneyard

Link for David Benedict Introductory Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Someone better ask him what conference will we be with in 10 years.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Only three questions from the gallery!?!?! I echo the sentiments right before the air cut off: "Wow, I don't know if that is good or bad!!"

Reaction Score
He looks like a bulldog...go get em David and the world is your oyster!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
On the bright side, he didn't specifically say gonna be here going forward. The easy answers to those conference questions could have been "we're a proud member of the American," or something to that effect. Unless he couldn't say it without laughing...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hmmn the New Englander in me thinks "He's new. I don't like him."

But being the generous guy I am, I'll give him a "We'll see."

Reaction Score
On the bright side, he didn't specifically say gonna be here going forward. The easy answers to those conference questions could have been "we're a proud member of the American," or something to that effect. Unless he couldn't say it without laughing...
He did seem to be smirking at times.

Husky25

Reaction Score
At least it was the right three.
Right? Andy Gresh would have asked about the weather in Tempe, and how it equates to ASU going to the Big Ten as a full member, not just hockey.

Reaction Score
If I'm Aresco I am more than a little nervous after watching this. Said American has built a great conference, but also went to great lengths to stress UConn is a P5 program and that we will compete in "whatever conference we are in."

I'm probably grasping at straws here, but I feel like he chose his words pretty carefully there.

Reaction Score
Right? Andy Gresh would have asked about the weather in Tempe, and how it equates to ASU going to the Big Ten as a full member, not just hockey.
He wouldn't have even asked a question about college sports..that would be beneath him. It would have been about the Patriots all day/every day...

Reaction Score
I think his body language/facial expressions told a story about CR. More importantly I liked his statements about engaging donors..and most importantly about the fan experience and improving it!

UConn Athletics has had a standing policy not to solicit donations from it's professional athletes. I wonder if that changes now given the new economics.

Reaction Score
If I'm Aresco I am more than a little nervous after watching this. Said American has built a great conference, but also went to great lengths to stress UConn is a P5 program and that we will compete in "whatever conference we are in."

I'm probably grasping at straws here, but I feel like he chose his words pretty carefully there.
I'm sure his speech was approved by his new employer...;)

Reaction Score
I think his body language/facial expressions told a story about CR. More importantly I liked his statements about engaging donors..and most importantly about the fan experience and improving it!
It was kinda like "I know you have to ask the questions and you know I can't answer them."

Husky25

Reaction Score
He wouldn't have even asked a question about college sports..that would be beneath him. It would have been about the Patriots all day/every day...
The Patriots are going to the Big Ten? Tom Brady already dominated that league...Okay, he was second string, but he has a National Championship ring nonetheless.

Reaction Score
UConn Athletics has had a standing policy not to solicit donations from it's professional athletes. I wonder if that changes now given the new economics.
Most definitely...it has actually already started according to a few of my friends who are football alumni and given a good amount of money to the school over the years. That was a brain child of Warde....

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Without a doubt, he answered every question(The entire THREE of them) very cautiously. At one point I think he glanced at Herbst perhaps unsure of how much he could give away. I just wish one of those useless CT media people would have asked him for a specific answer on CR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom