Lineup | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lineup

Reaction Score
With ag rumored to be gone again (can he redshirt again?) I was thinking of a new twist on the lineup and a way to add depth back to the bench at guard. Just a thought. This allows us to play a much longer zone if needed.
Pg- Adams
Sg- Larrier
Sf-Polley
Pf-Diarra
Pf-Cobb

Aa
Cv
Iw
Kw
Do

Reaction Score
We need continuity and it's time to lock down our starting 5 and get that solid 8 man rotation in place, we just don't know what to expect with Alterique's shoulder. Starting guards have to be Jalen, Anderson, and Vital with Larrier and either Cobb or Diarra. I want to see more of Diarra and Cobb and don't want Big Dave in there unless we have major foul trouble. I like Diarra starting but I also like the idea of him coming off the bench with Alterique to give us a lot of energy and athleticism, no matter what he has to play a ton.
I like Diarra getting more minutes and Onorah fewer but still think that Cobb has to be effective for us to have a good season. Eventually we have to get some points from our bigs and Cobb appears to have the best skills/size combination at this point.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
With ag rumored to be gone again (can he redshirt again?) I was thinking of a new twist on the lineup and a way to add depth back to the bench at guard. Just a thought. This allows us to play a much longer zone if needed.
Pg- Adams
Sg- Larrier
Sf-Polley
Pf-Diarra
Pf-Cobb

Aa
Cv
Iw
Kw
Do

Gawd no. That starting five couldn't score or defend. This team needs to be a front-runner.

JA, CV, AA, Larrier, Cobb. Have Diarra and Polley come off the bench. JA will have to Kemba and play 35+ mpg every game. CV and AA are going to be 30 mpg players.

Agree that once DO hasn't done anything. No one was expected double digit scoring, but 4-5 RPG didn't seem unrealistic.

I'd still like to see Polley get some more burn as I think he is a better substitute for Larrier than Whaley.

Reaction Score
Pg- Adams
Sg- Larrier
Sf-Polley
Pf-Diarra
Pf-Cobb

Aa
Cv
Iw
Kw
Do
Also that starting lineup turn over the ball over constantly

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
You watched?
What does this even mean though?

I love the contingent who think they are being clever with this counter-snark now that things are visibly bad for even the most comatose of brain dead fans.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
PG: Jalen Adams
SG: Christian Vital
SF: Tyler Polley
PF: Terry Larrier
C: Mamadou Diarra

6: Antwoine Anderson
7: Eric Cobb (when healthy)
8: Josh Carlton

If we are going to go with a set rotation of guys we can trust, this is it. AA, JA, and CV can all play 30+ every night. I like Whaley when we have foul troubles, but he just isn't quite there yet. He's got some nice potential though. Big Dave as well. He's gonna be a mentor-like player, because he simply can't stay on the floor.

Reaction Score
I thought you said you weren’t gonna post or watch until Ollie was gone?

What happen?

Ollie hasn’t done a bad job this season....

Man you had me going right up until the last part. No pu*** can be that good.

Reaction Score
At the game last night and was briefly treated to a lineup featuring both Cobb and Diarra. We were suddenly a different team with serious muscle in the lane/post capable of outrebounding our opponents and scoring points inside, plus opening up the perimeter game. Would like to see more usage of combinations of Cobb, Diarra, Carlton, Whaley, and Onourah. With Larrier on the wing we are a bigger, stronger, and more forceful team, and there are times when size is more appropriate in game situations. It definitely will change how we play the game when this lineup is on the floor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Also that starting lineup turn over the ball over constantly
All considered. I was just trying to save legs at the guards spot. Being we play 3 combos I hate to see mileage pile up again like last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom