Lineup with Height to shake it up | The Boneyard

Lineup with Height to shake it up

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
DH forget about holding the ball. Possessions, possessions, possessions! We must run. Also, let's try a lineup with length for Board strength, to shake things up, and plan for the future. Here it is.

AJ pg
Martin
Polley
Whaley
Sanago

Their is a notion to believe running and more length, height are incongruent. Past UCONN history says otherwise. We need to get it off the board and go and crash the offensive board on the shot.

No Bouk, we have to examine our strengths and utilize them to exploit mismatches. We have one of the biggest teams in the country! Let's take advantage of this quality.

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Jackson point forward would be interesting. We need to matchup on size especially if we are getting thrown a press, Cole struggled to pass the ball out of the press at times because of his lack of vision

Reaction Score
I could get with Gaff in for Polley, Jackson still as primary ball handler with Gaff at the 2 playing off ball.

Reaction Score
this lineup would make our offense even worse if that's possible. it cant shoot or pass for bleep and aj is not ready to be the true PG

i'm also sick and tired of playing two Centers. whaley musta touched the alien basketball from space jam and lost all his powers

cole/gaff
aj
polley
martin
sanogo/whaley

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I mean, I love what we've seen from AJax since he's been back, but do we have any sense that he has a good enough handle to run the point?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This lineup would have a very difficult time getting the ball up the court.
Maybe.

Jacksons handle is pretty good, except I havent seen him use it in 1/2 court as far as breaking people down off the bounce, but both he and martin are pretty tight in full court. I wouldnt mind them trying to pick up a head of steam and dribble through a feeble press like we saw Providence employ. Cole and Gaffney were so weak against it. It looked like they were sleepwalking through rote "press break 101: throw diagonal pass coming to 1/2 court" with no urgency or mind to attack. Because Cole is too slow, and Gaffney shows some athleticism, but not really when hes "on ball".

Still I do think either cole or gaffney has to be on court. Maybe just relieve them of some on ball responsibilities.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is no reason for Polley to be playing at this point. The only thing he provided was spacing, and he has been a garbage shooter for the last month.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
This lineup would get pressed off the court in 5 possessions. Not a single person in this lineup would get the ball across half court ever. Cole might be bad but he can get the ball across half court for us to have a chance. This lineup wouldn't have a chance. Not mention they wouldn't be able to guard anyone. How would this lineup guard the pick and pop? With a guard to guard screen? Polley guarding a point guard? Come on guys. I know we are in a rut but lets act like we enjoy basketball.

Reaction Score
Springs for Polley might at least get a couple putbacks and rebounds. How much worse could he be?

Reaction Score
this lineup would make our offense even worse if that's possible. it cant shoot or pass for bleep and aj is not ready to be the true PG

i'm also sick and tired of playing two Centers. whaley musta touched the alien basketball from space jam and lost all his powers

cole/gaff
aj
polley
martin
sanogo/whaley
Polley shouldn’t start.

Reaction Score
This lineup would get pressed off the court in 5 possessions. Not a single person in this lineup would get the ball across half court ever. Cole might be bad but he can get the ball across half court for us to have a chance. This lineup wouldn't have a chance. Not mention they wouldn't be able to guard anyone. How would this lineup guard the pick and pop? With a guard to guard screen? Polley guarding a point guard? Come on guys. I know we are in a rut but lets act like we enjoy basketball.
But we’re not enjoying basketball.

Reaction Score
OP any starting lineup with Polley doesn't make sense. I would just go with Sanogo, Martin, Jackson, Gaffney and Cole. That is our best lineup. Whaley can back up Sanogo and Polley and Adams and back up the guards and forward positions. Carlton would only see time if our big are in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
well we don't have 5 guys worth starting without bouk that's the problem
Fair, but I’d rather see Jackson starting w Whaley, sanogo, Martin and Gaffney (or Cole). Polley adds no value if he doesn’t hit his fiest shot or two. Either way, this team isn’t gonna win w out Bouknight. Might as well let players get experience together.

Reaction Score
No but you are on to something when Bouk returns.

JB
AJ
TM
IW
AS

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Polley is toast right now
he is a shooter only and he has lost his confidence

As far as this team can't win without Bouk - I call that bunk
If they are given direction and use their practice time to run an offense and work on it - without Bouk being involved at all - things will turn around
Why practice with Bouk running with them if he isn't going to play?
Makes zero sense
These kids all have talent but aren't utilized in ways that brings out the best of it - they are practicing and playing to eat up time until Bouk comes back - what if he doesn't?

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
There is no reason for Polley to be playing at this point. The only thing he provided was spacing, and he has been a garbage shooter for the last month.
Yeah, he's been hard to watch, especially when you're really pulling for him.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Sadly, I don't know who I sub for Polley coach.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Ok. Sub Polley for Gaff and let's run and see what happens.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
DH forget about holding the ball. Possessions, possessions, possessions! We must run. Also, let's try a lineup with length for Board strength, to shake things up, and plan for the future. Here it is.

AJ pg
Martin
Polley
Whaley
Sanago

Their is a notion to believe running and more length, height are incongruent. Past UCONN history says otherwise. We need to get it off the board and go and crash the offensive board on the shot.

No Bouk, we have to examine our strengths and utilize them to exploit mismatches. We have one of the biggest teams in the country! Let's take advantage of this quality.

Thoughts?
I wondered why AJ didn't handle the ball more against Prov?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom