Lineup for next game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lineup for next game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our line up the other night helped build a 9 point lead, not sure we change it now. Quick hooks are more important than line up changes. Someone's not playing D, not making shots, taking bad shots, not crashing the boards then pull the rope hard and fast. It's more the time to be JC than it is to change the starting line up.

Last edited:

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I still say I wanna see this starting lineup:

Adams
Purvis
Omar
Shonn
Brimah

If we start to look weak on rebounds bring in Hamilton. I honestly feel this starting 5 can make a difference.

Press this team and we could be in some real trouble.

Reaction Score
Our start to the games has not been a problem. I really don't like Gibbs in at crunch time. Just for curiosity I'd like to see Enoch at the 4 for a few minutes but it looks like he's being groomed for the 5 exclusively.

Reaction Score
Our start to the games has not been a problem. I really don't like Gibbs in at crunch time. Just for curiosity I'd like to see Enoch at the 4 for a few minutes but it looks like he's being groomed for the 5 exclusively.

Wouldn't mind giving Enoch and AB a shot for a couple minutes together, why not. Steve has some O and AB can help off his guy. Try anything right now.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter who starts.

It matters who finishes.

Reaction Score
Line-up should be settled by now but it isn't. Only option is to change it.
I wonder if its the lineup and/or the head scratching subbing patterns.

Reaction Score
Don't see the sense in Enoch at the 4 when uconn can't score as it is; they need to downsize more and spread the floor as much as possible. My favorite line up is

Adams Gibbs Calhoun Hamilton brimah

ball handling shooting and rim protection, three major skill sets are covered here. Crunch time should be set up so Adams is given the best floor spacing to attack on his pnr... You'd have to be blind at this point to not notice he's the only guy who can really engineer offense and paint touches

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yep to me that's one of those lineups I see and go "KO what are you thinking" - one passer and ball handler.

Problem is, we really don't have more than 1.5 ball handlers. I give Hamilton a .5 at this stage because, while I don't ever worry with the ball in his hands from a passing/TO perspective, his decision making hasn't been the best this year.

The ball handling situation feels a lot like 2006 in a way, although with much less talent up and down the roster.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Don't see the sense in Enoch at the 4 when uconn can't score as it is; they need to downsize more and spread the floor as much as possible. My favorite line up is

Adams Gibbs Calhoun Hamilton brimah

ball handling shooting and rim protection, three major skill sets are covered here. Crunch time should be set up so Adams is given the best floor spacing to attack on his pnr... You'd have to be blind at this point to not notice he's the only guy who can really engineer offense and paint touches

Agree with most of this, but throughout the game, I'd prefer Purvis for Gibbs. More versatility, more D. But in crunch time, be sure to have Gibbs in there ahead of Purv.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
If Gibbs is concerned more about starting than what's best for the team in biggest game since SMU eliminated us last year that's pretty sad.

Gibbs would you rather start or help us try to beat SMU off the bench....do you want the final game of your college career in the NIT?

There has been absolutely zero indication that Gibbs is more concerned about starting so I'm not even sure what warrants this kind of comment.

Reaction Score
Agree with most of this, but throughout the game, I'd prefer Purvis for Gibbs. More versatility, more D. But in crunch time, be sure to have Gibbs in there ahead of Purv.
So bench our best defender and likely best player in Miller?

Reaction Score
It's not an easy answer, but which two move the needle more on both sides ; Hamilton , Miller, or brimah ? End games with those two plus Adams Gibbs and Calhoun. In the grand scheme of things , this isn't really a crucial question because Miller has been fouling @ an epic rate... Therefore that lineup with Hamilton at the four should be used a bunch more ( KO fancies playing facey and Nolan together abunch instead).

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It's not an easy answer, but which two move the needle more on both sides ; Hamilton , Miller, or brimah ? End games with those two plus Adams Gibbs and Calhoun. In the grand scheme of things , this isn't really a crucial question because Miller has been fouling @ an epic rate... Therefore that lineup with Hamilton at the four should be used a bunch more ( KO fancies playing facey and Nolan together abunch instead).

In the previous comment, I was speaking more to a Purvis for Gibbs switch. At crunch time, I don't like Purvis's lack of getting to the line, and the fact that when he does, it's a crap shoot. A decent compromise is an offensive/defensive switch for Purv/Gibbs.

RE Miller/Hamilton, it is a tough call. But in crunch time, you have to score no matter what. I like Hamilton's ability to stretch the posts more than Miller. I think that opens things up for our guards, who need a bit of help getting to the tin.

And Hamilton provides enough rebounding to make up for some obvious dropoff from Miller's D. jmo

Reaction Score
In the previous comment, I was speaking more to a Purvis for Gibbs switch. At crunch time, I don't like Purvis's lack of getting to the line, and the fact that when he does, it's a crap shoot. A decent compromise is an offensive/defensive switch for Purv/Gibbs.

RE Miller/Hamilton, it is a tough call. But in crunch time, you have to score no matter what. I like Hamilton's ability to stretch the posts more than Miller. I think that opens things up for our guards, who need a bit of help getting to the tin.

And Hamilton provides enough rebounding to make up for some obvious dropoff from Miller's D. jmo

I agree with both of you. What I'm saying is that IMO Miller has to be in the game and should be over Omar. Not sure what I'd do with Purvis/Gibbs but probably stick with Gibbs for ball handling reasons.

Reaction Score
Scoring the most does not make you the best player, that is a terrible way to view performance, unless you think guys like Carmelo and Harden are better than Lebron.

With that being said, I do not disagree with starting Purvis, but it is March, at this point they should have their lineup cemented.

Lebron is averaging more points than Melo this season, fyi. But point taken.

Reaction Score
Shonn Miller is the best player on this team and I am not sure it is all that close. Apparently there are more people than our head coach who have yet to realize this.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Shonn Miller is the best player on this team and I am not sure it is all that close. Apparently there are more people than our head coach who have yet to realize this.

If your best player can't stay on the floor because he fouls at a ridiculous rate, you can't rely on him. If Ollie keeps him on the floor all the time, he's got 5 by the 15min mark of the second half.

Reaction Score
If your best player can't stay on the floor because he fouls at a ridiculous rate, you can't rely on him. If Ollie keeps him on the floor all the time, he's got 5 by the 15min mark of the second half.

Fill me in who our best player is if it is not Shonn? Enlighten me. Take me to Church.

I'm not going to argue he doesn't not have the propensity to foul. It also doesn't help that Ollie has no faith in playing Shonn when he picks up a couple. Every time he got pulled against Houston, they made a run. Spoiler Alert, that's what happens when your best player isn't the game.

Oh and he leads the AAC in PER and is top 5 in any efficiency category and practically every traditional stat the league has. Take a look for yourself if you don't believe me.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/conferences/aac/2016-leaders.html

Reaction Score
Fill me in who our best player is if it is not Shonn? Enlighten me. Take me to Church.

I'm not going to argue he doesn't not have the propensity to foul. It also doesn't help that Ollie has no faith in playing Shonn when he picks up a couple. Every time he got pulled against Houston, they made a run. Spoiler Alert, that's what happens when your best player isn't the game.

Oh and he leads the AAC in PER and is top 5 in any efficiency category and practically every traditional stat the league has. Take a look for yourself if you don't believe me.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/conferences/aac/2016-leaders.html

Miller picked up his 3rd foul a minute into the 2nd half, what other choice is there? Even if he is our best player, constantly being in foul trouble isn't helping.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to argue he doesn't not have the propensity to foul. It also doesn't help that Ollie has no faith in playing Shonn when he picks up a couple.

With the caveat that your use of the triple negative makes the point of your first sentence entirely unclear, are you really saying that it doesn't help Miller's propensity to foul that Ollie won't play him after he picks up a couple fouls? Because it seems like taking him out of the game is the one thing that is guaranteed to mitigate his propensity to foul.

You can cite all the positive statistics you want. No one would dispute that Miller is one of, if not the most important players on the team. But if he can't stay on the court his statistics don't really matter. If your argument is that it's better for the team to let Miller play through his fouls and foul out in the first half, well, that's an argument, I suppose. But not a very good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom